Pink blush help needed- fair skin

Dani California

Hello all

Thought I'd post in here, as I need some help with pink blush. I am very fair skin, with pinky undertones. I love my peachy coral blushes, but for some reason pink of any kind does not look quite right on me. I cannot work out why either. Any help on that greatly appreiciated.

I have several MAC pink blushes which don't look right including Dollymix, Fleur Power for example. I keep thinking maybe I need something more neutral pink or rosey? Or neutral warm? I was looking at cubic but worried it would look too purple or muddy or bruisey on me

If anyone can help me with this, also any brand recs it doesn't have to be MAC.

Thank you soooo much.

Dominique33

Chanel JC Rose Initiale or Discrétion
Benefit Hervana or Rockateur
MAC Pro longwear blush Rosy Outlook
Guerlain Madame Rougit ( LE )

Here are a few suggestions.
pretty.gif
To get rosy cheeks !

Dani California

Thank you Dominique :)

Think I was barking up the wrong tree with the likes of Dollymix etc, just looks odd on me. Not the right pink or tone.

anyone has any more recs or advice, greatly accepted x

anitacocktail

Maybe try one of these:

Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour - Rose Petal
Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush - #2
Tarte Cheek Stain (gel blush) or Amazonian Clay Blush - Blissful or Exposed
Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color - Petal
MAC Cubic

shellygrrl

Staff member
How are you applying those two blushes? Maybe it's just a matter of changing your application technique?

Dani California

I'm applying using my E.L.F stippling brush.

Funny enough I was just looking at foundation brushes as well, wondering if getting different brushes would help. What brush would be best for blush?

For foundation, looking at UD optical blurring but really fancy the Real Techniques Expert face brush.

JJJewels

Thank you Dominique :)

Think I was barking up the wrong tree with the likes of Dollymix etc, just looks odd on me. Not the right pink or tone.

anyone has any more recs or advice, greatly accepted x
I like Dollymix for a very very pink Snow White look. You could always try a sheertone peach color!

Dani California

I do love my peachy blushes. I love Springsheen for example and NARS orgasm type of colour. I just wish the pinks worked as well on me.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'm applying using my E.L.F stippling brush. Funny enough I was just looking at foundation brushes as well, wondering if getting different brushes would help. What brush would be best for blush?
I don't think there's one that works better for blush than others. I've different ones that I use (RT Blush Brush, Sigma F40, e.l.f. Complexion Brush). My suggestion would be to take some of the blush off on the back of your hand before applying it. Another trick is to apply it and buff it in with a kabuki or powder brush with nothing on it.

MmeSpark

I'm applying using my E.L.F stippling brush.

Funny enough I was just looking at foundation brushes as well, wondering if getting different brushes would help. What brush would be best for blush?

For foundation, looking at UD optical blurring but really fancy the Real Techniques Expert face brush.
I'm fair too, and I use RT blush brush because it's very soft and doesn't pick up too much product, and it blends perfectly. That way I don't end up looking like a clown :)

MmeSpark

I do love my peachy blushes. I love Springsheen for example and NARS orgasm type of colour. I just wish the pinks worked as well on me.
Try using the really pale pinks, maybe even pink highlighters. It works for me, it's a highlighter to most people, but it's blush to me :)

Latest posts