Pink Eye Shadow Help

hunnybun

I'm looking for a pink eye shadow (or combo of colors) that is pretty and wearable in the daytime. I'd like something that is shimmery and fun, but a more neutral or subtle pink palette. Nothing flashy or hot pink or too frost. I've browsed through the MAC website and a bunch of the reviews on this site but can't find a general consensus on what the most flattering shades are.

I was considering the Pink Bronze pigment, but a lot of ppl seem to think it was too orange. I also looked at Expensive Pink and In Living Pink E/S -- but thought they might be too bright based on other reviews.

Any recommendations? What pink colors have you found to be flattering and wearable? Or if you have a set of E/S or pigments that you like to blend together for a pink look -- that would be helpful too.

Thanks so much!

MAC is love

Expensive pink is nice, it's pink but almost with some bronze in there...if that makes sense. haha! good luck finding one
smiles.gif

tiramisu

oh my GAWD. You have so many options.

I love, in no particular order

Yogurt (nice soft pink creamy matte)
Whisper pink (barbie collection, a bit of shimmer, kind of basic soft pink with some frost)
Sweet Lust (soft pink with a hint of rose on the lid, little shimmer, if you don't mind the Lustre finish)
Naked Lunch (minimally pink, on the nudie side... so nice for everyday def check this one out, I think you'd love)
Swish (trust me, it is "pinkier" and looks bright in the pot but sheer on/buildable)
Shimmertime pigment (is this LE?--only if you're looking for major shimmer, give it a chance!!)
Expensive pink (love for evening looks, pink with a bronzy duotone thing going on..great with a tan)

All are MAC e/s unless I stated otherwise. There are so many pinks--you can't really go wrong

ETA: Obviously I am discussing what works with my coloring; you did not give yours, so I am guessing!! LOL

hunnybun

oohh -- thank you! this was SO helpful. i'm definitely going to order swish, naked lunch, and expensive pink for starters. tiramisu, you mentioned that expensive pink looks great w/ tan -- as in tan pigment? any other complimentary colors you'd recommend to go w/ the pinks?

also any thoughts on mink pink? the description says mocha pink, which sounds appealing, but i'm afraid it might come out chalky bc it's matte.

sorry to pester you with questions. i have to do almost all my make-up shopping online bc i never get off work early enough to test things out in person before everything closes. your input has been super helpful!

btw - i'm a c35/c40. black hair, black eyes.

thanks again!

july

try jest e/s
its beautiful shimmery pink .
I like to add to it a little cranberry e/s in the outer C ( I hope you understand me :) ) and to blend it really well .
I think its a really cute look .

Hope I helped ...

tiramisu

Oh, sorry hunnybunny!! :confused:I didn't mean to confuse you! I meant Expensive Pink looks really hot if you have tanned/darker skin; for example, I am an NW15 aside from the summer months when I am easily NW 20 or 25... depending how much time I'm outdoors (wearing sunscreen of course LOL). Expensive pink looks good with woodwinked, I think... or gorgeous gold or goldmine, I can't remember which sorry!

Don't know about Mink Pink, other than it wouldn't look good on my fairer skin tone!!

I love my pinks with brownish shades; for example, Mystery, Mulch, Retrospeck, Twinks, etc... Teddy e/kohl, also Club is great with neutrals (this one is a brown/reddish green duo tone--trust me if you don't have this one, it is great as a liner or smokey eye at night)

grays like Moth Brown, Knight Divine, Print, Contrast (well, it's a dark blue shade but a must have) etc...
I usually do a smokey eye or modified for daytime if that helps on why chose the shades above. I just don't want to steer you wrong with shades to pair the neutral pinks with seeing as you're a C35-40 and I am NWish pale
lol.gif

s0damnbeautiful

I've been a huge fan of Pink Venus lately ... it might be more shimmery than what you're looking for ... it kind of reminds me of a pink turquatic or aquadisiac
smiles.gif

xIxSkyDancerxIx

It isn't a MAC but I like Milani's Illusion. It's pink in the pot but it has gold undertones to it and it's fairly sheer but can be layered or foiled to get more of the pink out.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I'd try Swish and/or Girlie. Swish is a frost, but it is going to be a more subtle frosty pink. And Girlie is Satin so you will get a truer color, however, it is a soft, wearable, basic pink that you could easy pair with a number of other shades. Those are both pretty normal on the pink scale. You could go lighter (Yogurt -primarily as a highlight, Seedy Pearl, Sweet Lust, Petalescent) or brighter (Da Bling, Pink Freeze, Pink Venus) or golder/more peachy (Expensive Pink, Pink Broze pg, Melon pg) or bolder (Sushi Flower, Flower Fantasy, and Passionate would be the boldest).

Latest posts