pink eyeshadow/ summery colors help!

minerva

I probably won't be able to stop by the MAC store for a while, so I'm looking into ordering some stuff online. However, I'm horrible at picking shades for myself (I'm trying to learn!) and I always rely on the MAC MAs to choose stuff out for me!

I'm currently looking for a nice pink eyeshadow that's versatile enough so I can wear it for a natural look in the daytime, yet can double over for a dramatic look. I've been debating between Pink Venus and Expensive Pink, but I'm not too sure if either one would compliment my skin tone.

I'm also looking for some summery colors for when I go to NY during the summer. Any recommendations?

Here're some pictures that might be helpful (I don't use MAC foundation, so I can't really give a number color or whatever; If it's helpful, I do use Majolica Majorca powder in 20, and Laura Mercier mineral powder in Pure honey)

pic3.jpg

(natural lighting indoors)

natural.jpg

(natural lighting outdoors on a cloudy day)

MAC is love

I like both Pink Venus & Expensive pink. I think Expensive Pink would suit you nicely though, it's a GORGEOUS color!!
smiles.gif

Showgirl

I don't know Pink Venus, though both Sushi Flower (good suggestion Labworm!) and Expensive Pink would look GREAT on you.

- Sushi flower is a bright slightly peachy pink which is quite sheer and buildable, making it more versatile than you'd think by looking at it in the pot. I wear it to work a lot just as a wash to pep up browns, but packed on over base it becomes much more of a dramatic "hot pink" type of idea.

- Expensive Pink is gorgeous - one of my all-time fave neutrals - but isn't really particularly "pink" - it's more peachy/beigey, the colour of "pink" champagne, perhaps. Nice texture, decent pigmentation, lots of shimmer, great shadow, but not all that "pink".

Neither of these is a purchase I think you'd regret, and both can be used in all sorts of different looks, but if it's "pink" your heart is set on, you may be better with Sushi Flower.

Hope this helps x

minerva

Ohh thanks for recommending Sushi flower! I think I'll purchase both Expensive pink and sushi flower now
smiles.gif