Pink Pearl Pigment

doodles

I used this today for the first time and I love it!! Up until recently, I've only used Naked Lunch e/s with Monistat Anti-chafing as my primer. I noticed that the PPP ended up creasing pretty badly. Is that normal for pigments or should I dig my Bare Canvas Paint back out and give it another chance? I'm wondering if the Monistat isn't going to work for me with the darker and bolder colors because I used Humid on Wednesday night and it kind of melted to my under eye area.
thmbdn.gif

n_c

Wait... i dont think I understand your question. Are you using the monistat Anti-chafing gel on your eyelid as a base?!?

MACATTAK

^^ That's what I'm understanding too! Yikes...The Monistat Chafing Gel is to be used as a foundation/powder primer, not for an eye base.

doodles

Really? I didn't realize there was a difference between an e/s and foundation primer... I thought a primer was a primer was a primer! lol Oops!! Is my face red!!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodles
Really? I didn't realize there was a difference between an e/s and foundation primer... I thought a primer was a primer was a primer! lol Oops!! Is my face red!!

the best base for a pigment is a shadestick. because it stays creamy (paints and paint pots dry down to powder and aren't the best bases for pigments), it grabs ahold of the pigment and makes it "stick".

there is a difference between an eye and face primer. since the eye is more sensitive, you wanna make sure you use something thats tested for the eye area. besides, you apply different things to the eye than you do to the face.

thats ok that you made that mistake. when i first heard that people were using it as a face primer, i was like
th_confused_new.gif
. don't know where they came up with that one.

doodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the best base for a pigment is a shadestick. because it stays creamy (paints and paint pots dry down to powder and aren't the best bases for pigments), it grabs ahold of the pigment and makes it "stick".

there is a difference between an eye and face primer. since the eye is more sensitive, you wanna make sure you use something thats tested for the eye area. besides, you apply different things to the eye than you do to the face.

thats ok that you made that mistake. when i first heard that people were using it as a face primer, i was like
th_confused_new.gif
. don't know where they came up with that one.

No kidding, huh? Who decides, hmm I'm going to try this on my face! lol