• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Pink/Purple Butterfly TuT [IMG heavy]

XsMom21

Ok... This is my first tutorial, but here goes. Clickable thumbnails.

Only items you really need are Fuschia, Voilet and Rich Purple Pigment, a pink shadestick, peach and pink creme blush and pink lipgloss. This is a very generic tutorial.

Start out with a clean, moisturized face. Ewww.

Apply your preferred foundation. Mine is Southern Magnolia Minerals in Sand/Be-Light

Apply peach crème multipurpose color (I used Avon’s Tint N’ Go in Peachy Glow)

Apply it to cheeks like so.

Blend around apples of cheeks and up to hairline.

Apply your shadestick of choice with a pink tone to it. I used Avon’s Sparkle E/S Stick in Sorbet

Apply Fuchsia pigment to inner V

Apply Violet Pigment to middle of lid

Apply Rich Purple Pigment to outer V and blend into crease. Use a small round brush to blend the up and over the natural ridge of your brow bone.

Take a little bit of Violet Pigment and blend from the middle to the far edge of your eye, just enough to give the Rich Purple some luster.

Wipe off any fallen pigment. Take your concealer brush and conceal any blemishes (I use CG concealer stick in Light), and take care to blend it carefully. Also, I like to apply concealer to my lips to hide my double-lip line.Then, using a small angled brush, sweep some Rich Purple on lower lash line, from outer to mid eye. Follow up with Fuscial pigment from inner corner to mid and blend.

Then, using creme pink blusher (I used Revlon Skinlights in Pink Light), run a line up the apple of your cheek (over where you had the peach blush) and then blend up with a sponge. Apply a little extra to the apples of your cheeks and blend. Repeat.

Line lips in a neutral shade, then apply pink gloss. Blend liner and gloss with lip brush. (I used a muavy no name liner and Enticement lip gloss by Bonne Bell.)

Finish off with some eyelash curling and your choice of brow highlight (I used some off brand white with a lot of shine too it) black mascara (I'm in love with my Lash Architect) and voila!
cheerleader.gif

[FONT=&quot]
Any comments or "constructive criticism" greatly appreciated.

[/FONT]

Janice

You really are adorable, kudos for taking the time to be specific about placement. It's very helpful to those reading! Thanks for sharing the tutorial.
smiles.gif

Caderas

cool! i'm so happy i have fuschia & violet pigments, yay. i'll give this a shot sometime!

lafemmenoir

I love it! Gotta look into Avon...is their stuff pretty good? It looks good on you. Huh? Thank you for this tut!

XsMom21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafemmenoir
I love it! Gotta look into Avon...is their stuff pretty good? It looks good on you. Huh? Thank you for this tut!

I like them. They have some really good deals sometimes in the books (lipsticks for like 99 cent, stuff like that). I got that shadow stick for a buck and it is a GREAT base.

I wouldn't recommend their skincare and acne treatments, tho.

Thanks for all the compliments. I have warm fuzzies now
smiles.gif

Ekstasy

Ah, I love the colors!
So vibrant.
Lovely job - I'll definitely have to try this out some time.

kirari

Absolutely wonderful tut! I think it was really well written. I have one of those eyeshadow sticks, but its never dawned on me to use it as a base.

I just tried the tut and got fantastic results. I love this look. Thanks!

K4T4

Good job, I love it
eyelove.gif
!! Specially your chicks, they look so fresh!! I'll try it, thanks a lot!