Pink Shadow Fading

newagetomatoz

Usually I don't wear pink shadow, or really any color close to pink on my face. But lately, I've been in a pink mood. However, while the colors look vibrant and "pink" when I first apply them, in less than an hour the color fade to a faint pink while all the other colors are fine. I almost always use UDPP, paints, or shadesticks as a base.

So do you guys have any recommendations on how to make pink shadow "show up" and stay on me? TIA!
greengrin.gif

gigglegirl

have you tried a pink base? I love fresco rose paint pot (seriously it gets the most use). I can't wait for Fafi and some more pink/coral tones for paintpots. Otherwise I would try maybe using the pink e/s wet (I'd put the shadow on my brush, then spritz the brush with Fix+)

lethaldesign

I would definitely recommend using Fresco Rose p/p if you haven't already. As with gigglegirl, it gets the most use out of ALL my p/ps and definitely makes my good pink (or even purple!) eyeshadows stand out.

Also, which pink eyeshadows are you using? I know that some of mine are just crappy in terms of color payoff. You may want to try a more pigmented pink shadow or pigment before giving up on pinks
smiles.gif

newagetomatoz

I haven't actually tried a pink base yet, pretty much because I almost never wear pinks and this is a recent thing, but I was thinking about Fresco Rose. And the pinks I have been usuing are Stars N Rockets (if you group it into that family), Pink Pearl, Rose, Fuchsia, and some other shadow I can't think of now, plus a handful of HIP duo pinks. Thanks for all the help so far!

Kuuipo

You can also use a pink cream eyeshadow (I use NARS Pink Panther) under my pinks, peaches, violets and sometimes blue shadows. Wet and Wild makes some inepesive cream palettes that have shadows that do not work well alone as creams but make great eye shadow bases forr colors like Expensive Pink, etc.....

Latest posts