Pinks not showing up.

choseck

I was wondering how some of you get pinks to show up so well! I've used a variety of different bases, and types of pink, but I can't get them to show up very well. I feel like I have better luck with more frosty type pinks - they seem more pigmented in a way. I'm a NC 15-20, mainly 20 I guess.

Are there any that you recommend that will really stay true? Doesn't have to be MAC - thanks!

mistella

My lips are pigmented so I have the same problem.. I don't buy sheer lipsticks. Only super creamy ones. and sometmes I'll fill my lips with a nude lipliner, then a nude-pink lipstick (like MAC Blankety) and then put the pink lipstick on top. But usually the lipliner is enough.

saj20052006

Okay, I see two responses refering to lips are you talking about lips or eyes. If you are talking about eyes try the following:

1. Use Artjam Paint as a Base
2. Pack the shadow on
3. Scrape some of the shadow from the pan and use your brush wet.

choseck

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLust
are you referring to lipstick or eyeshadow?

oops... eyes.

sorry

Hilly

I love using water based mixing medium. It really brings out color that would normally look washed out if I hadnt used a medium.

melliquor

Use a wet brush or UDPP. UDPP is great and gives lasting power too. Maybe try using a shadestick or paint as a primer. Those work great.