• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

"Pistachios and Peaches" - My first attempt at a Tutorial!

CSteen85

This tutorial features one of my favorite color combos to date: Green and Peach.
This is definitely a bit subdued, but I think it's easy enough and hopefully, you get some good ideas from it!
greengrin.gif

Please note: Throughout my tutorial, you'll notice lighting changes. Unfortunately, I was using natural light, but the sun decided to go down or whatever... so you'll see that.
Also, I am currently on a couple of skin medications for acne, so you'll see flakes and acne, etc. Try to ignore all that shizz. Annnd... here we go!

Here are the products I used:
72jj414.jpg

Pictured there are:
MAC Lip Stick in Myth
Red Earth Loose Shadow in Pistachio
MAC Deckchair
MAC Humid
Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Ink
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Rimmel Vinyl Lip Gloss in East End Snob
MAC Technakohl Liner in GraphBlack
CARGO Reverse Lip Liner
Lancome Definicils in Black
Make Up Forever Sculpting Blush in #18
Giorgio Armani Sheer Bronzing Powder in #1
MAC MSF Natural in Medium Light
Not Pictured:
Rimmel Lip Stick in Frosted

Brushes/Tools used:
6okzawy.jpg

From left to right...
Philosophy Airbrush
Essence of Beauty Angled Contour brush
Lancome GWP Blush Brush
Sephora Crease Brush
Sephora Flat Liner brush
Sephora Small Blender Brush
Sephora Concealer Brush

Alright! I hope you're excited...cause I am! Let's get that obligatory naked face picture out of the way (actually, I think it's good to include a naked picture, because it shows how well the foundation works/doesn't work to hide blemishes:
6xlui3o.jpg

Yessssssss... NOW....let's get that covered up!
I use the Philosophy Airbrush to buff on the MAC Natural MSF in Medium Light. This is how it looks:
6tdvajd.jpg

Not bad... huh? Next, is the ever-popular UDPP step:
853z1bd.jpg

Then, I go right for the middle eye shadow/lid color first. I'm using Red Earth Loose Shadow in Pistachio. As you can see below, the opening is weird, so I pick it up with the Sephora Small Blender Brush, so I can get right in there.
You could really substitute any pale green for this color. I've used MAC Golden Olive, myself.
6nu5sht.jpg

Now, I pack it on kind of heavily, but moreso in the middle of my lid.
7xob0gi.jpg

I keep the inner and outer lids a little more lightly coated. This just helps with blending later.
7x2el9j.jpg

Next, I applied MAC Deckchair with the same brush on the inner lid and just above the crease.
71o900m.jpg

This is sort of how it should look at this point (pretty bland, I know):
7x0mb2g.jpg

Then, I added some MAC Humid to the outer V only with the Sephora Crease brush and blended the rest using a windshield wiper motion.
This was the result I got (sorry it's blurry!):
8fevas0.jpg

Next, I took the Sephora Flat Liner brush and dipped it into the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Ink. I pressed it into my lash line from right above my lashes and got this:
71w15xk.jpg

After both eyes, it looked like this:
734ak5f.jpg

(I missed a step in here somewhere, but I waterlined my eyes with the MAC Technakohl liner in GraphBlack)

Then, I used the Lancome GWP Blush Brush and put some of the MUFE Sculpting Blush in #18 on it and applied on my cheeks in a triangular shape way.
72lhlbm.jpg

In different lighting:
8ghfdyh.jpg

Then, I used the EoB Contour brush to apply the Goirgio Armani Bronzer to my hollows and Mascara'd myself with Lancome Definicils (my HG!):
82matdk.jpg

SO FAR...Not so bad!
6jl4lcx.jpg

Since I have really pigmented lips, I like to blank them out. I first applied CARGO Reverse Lip Liner on them:
80ytpau.jpg

Next, I applied MAC Lipstick in Myth on my lips, which REALLY blanks them out:
6llh2q9.jpg

Then, it really started getting dark out and I took my hair down...
73nzo0y.jpg

And then I moved to the bathroom to get better picture of the finished product:
726gvfo.jpg

6t0r40h.jpg

(it looks uneven, because...well, it probably is.)

I like to let the MAC Myth dry a little and then I blotted on a tissue. Next, I applied Rimmel Frosted over it to give a little more color.
7ypk9xc.jpg

8a16k43.jpg

6ku2r0k.jpg

TA-DA!!
That's it
smiles.gif

Again, it's not anything over-the-top, but it's nice for Spring and I think peach and green is a very underhyped color combo, hehe
greengrin.gif

Thanks for looking! Constructive Criticism is ALWAYS welcome!

CSteen85

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebixlove
you should put your images in image tags
otherwise everyone has to click on each picture link!

You're right... i didn't realize they didn't post. I went back and fixed it!
greengrin.gif

Thanks!

gohgoomah

wow your skin is amazing!! that's just from the natural msf? i had heard that they weren't enough coverage to use as a foundation but you seriously proved that wrong! i love the look on you! it's gorgeous!
greengrin.gif

macmama22

You have gorgeous bone structure and lips!
smiles.gif
I sound like a total girl lover, haa! I promised I'm married w/ a kid!
winks.gif

I love the color combo and great job applying. Thanks for making the tut!

CSteen85

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohgoomah
wow your skin is amazing!! that's just from the natural msf? i had heard that they weren't enough coverage to use as a foundation but you seriously proved that wrong! i love the look on you! it's gorgeous!
greengrin.gif

Thank you soooo much! The thing is, my skin is pretty terrible, lol. I'm seeing a derm for acne and all and I think the camera was just kind of forgiving. Most of the acne is around the outer perimeters of my face.

Anyway, yeah I LOVE the MSF coverage. Is has a luminosity that I haven't see from any other foundation. I didn't even use a primer under it, it just buffs right into my skin. I prefer it to anything else and I've even tried Studio Fix!

Thank you for looking! <3

CSteen85

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmama22
You have gorgeous bone structure and lips!
smiles.gif
I sound like a total girl lover, haa! I promised I'm married w/ a kid!
winks.gif

I love the color combo and great job applying. Thanks for making the tut!

Haha! You're too funny
smiles.gif
Thank you so much for the compliments! I just think green and peach are so stunning on anyone!
Thanks!

Latest posts