Pitted acne scars

Apple234

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and make up in general, I would like some advise on how to cover my pitted acne scars. I've tried using photoready by Revlon but my skin turned red and I had a lot of bumps after using it. Please help

makeupbyomar

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and make up in general, I would like some advise on how to cover my pitted acne scars. I've tried using photoready by Revlon but my skin turned red and I had a lot of bumps after using it. Please help
Hey Apple234,

Sounds like you had a mild reaction or sensitivity to Photoready or possibly a dirty sponge or fingers??? I am guessing you used their liquid foundation? Did you set it with their powder as well?

Based on your limited information in your post, I can't consult any further. The only thing that I can suggest is NEVER use your fingers ever when applying foundation. Please use a clean brush or new sponge every time. This is most likely the reason why you broke out afterwards. (Again, limited information in your post).

Liquid foundations are way too sheer to cover pitted scarring. Yes, they'll reduce any redness, but they will not cover and smooth out the skins' texture.

For covering pitted acne scars, I recommend using medical grade cream based foundations and their associated setting powders such as:
- Cover F/X
- Kryolan's Dermacolor line
- Joe Blasco
- Dermablend
- Kryolan's Ultra Foundation line
- Cinena Secrets
- Eve Pearl
- RCMA

Also a consultation with a dermatologist will help in narrowing down any concerns you may have.

Good luck Apple234

Latest posts