Platinum Pigment

alygolightly

I noticed that Platinum pigment and water based mixing medium no longer have triangles next to them in maccosmetics.com. Does this mean that they are no longer pro only items?
thmbup.gif

imperfectbeauty

Re: Platinum pigment and water based mixing medium

Possibly not...jardin aires and pink pearl both haven't had those triangles up for a few days and i just checked today and the triangles are back. it's probably just a site issue but you should ask in a live chat just to make sure.

tiramisu

wait, what?
shockt.gif

Mixing medium on the regular mac website (as in not Pro?)
Where have I been?!

erine1881

this has been posted and answered on a different thread.

they are pro items. they are only on the regular site because they are part of the spring trend looks. once they are gone, they can only be gotten by ordering them from pro.

alygolightly

When they first appeared in the regular site, they had triangles next to them. But they don't anymore so I'll do a live chat on Monday to confirm
smiles.gif

alygolightly

I forgot to do the live chat last Monday. The regular MAC site doesn't have the "spring trends" section anymore BUT the water based mixing medium and the platinum pigment are still there with NO TRIANGLES next to them! It looks like they are now permanent regular items.

I'll TRY to do the livechat later but I'm swamped.
ssad.gif

AudreyNicole

So I just saw a FOTD with Platinum pigment, and suddenly, I must have it. I thought it was a PRO pigment, but it does not have the PRO diamond next to it on the PRO site, and it is listed on the regular MAC site. Was this recently made a Freestanding store product, or ?? Can I get it at my freestanding store then?

And one more thing - how different is it from Silver Fog, since it is a metal pigment? TIA!
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Re: Platinum Pigment - PRO or NO?

Good question! I saw that myself and I have Silver Fog on the way, so if I can save myself 20 bucks, that would be nice!

MACATTAK

I would say the texture is the biggest difference. Platinum is a really smooth texture, whereas Silver Fog is chunkier than Platinum (but not chunky like Rose or Helium). As far as the color goes, I would say Platinum is a tiny bit darker silver than Silver Fog, but it's a really small difference.

Ambonee

Here are some swatches:
April2008looks167.jpg

All with no base
Top: Platinum (metal), Silver (metal), Silver Fog
Bottom: Soft Washed, Silver (original)

Platinum goes on very different than silver fog, platinum is shiny but not sparkle-y like SF. I *believe* it is PRO only still but if it's used in any of the looks, it may be available at the regular Mac website...however I don't *believe* it's at the stores, I am heading to a FS store tomorrow so I can find out though.
Hope that helps.

erine1881

mixing medium was on the regular site for awhile without the ToD, and everyone was thinking it was permanent, but now its gone. i'm sure as soon as the stock from the online site is sold out, it too will vanish, only to be seen at pro locations.