Playing with coloured contacts...let me know what you think

ginger9

So I finally got around to checking out coloured contacts. I'm wearing freshlook colorblends in grey right now. They are so much fun and look more "natural" than I imagined, what do you guy think? The only thing is they are kinda blurry on the periphery of my vision so I didn't pick up a box yet, I just got a sample pair. They also had hazel which I didn't bother to try on because I was so bothered by the blurriness, I'm regretting not trying then on now that I'm home! D'OH!!

65aeb549.jpg

75c9a41a.jpg

5990d5a0.jpg

This is my natural eye colour. Sorry for the retarded pic LOL
f4c40797.jpg

Brittni

WOW! They really make your eyes pop! How neat.

Do you ever wear glasses? I've recently been thinking about trying color contacts but I have perfectly good vision so I don't want to mess it up with cosmetic ones; just want a more brighter green like how my eyes look after I cry lol!

COBI

Grey is my favorite color I have. They are the most "natural" looking colored ones I've tried on my brown eyes. Other colors I've had: violet, amethyst, turquoise (liked better than I thought I would), green... that's all I can remember.

I don't have any issues with peripheal blurriness though. I don't think that I could personally get used to that.

I split my contact-wearing time half & half between clear & grey; and I wear glasses once I'm home for the night.

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
WOW! They really make your eyes pop! How neat.

Do you ever wear glasses? I've recently been thinking about trying color contacts but I have perfectly good vision so I don't want to mess it up with cosmetic ones; just want a more brighter green like how my eyes look after I cry lol!

I don't wear glasses often, not for vanity reasons but my glasses are not comfortable for some reason...my eyes actually get tired after wearing then for a while. I know it's strange.

You can ask for a sample pair to try out at your local Optical store. This way you don't have to commit to a box of contacts if you don't like them.

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
Grey is my favorite color I have. They are the most "natural" looking colored ones I've tried on my brown eyes. Other colors I've had: violet, amethyst, turquoise (liked better than I thought I would), green... that's all I can remember.

I don't have any issues with peripheal blurriness though. I don't think that I could personally get used to that.

I split my contact-wearing time half & half between clear & grey; and I wear glasses once I'm home for the night.

Yeah I'm kind of bummed out they are not comfortable
ssad.gif
I wored them for a few hours last night and found them drying as well...I really want a pair though - pooo!! I'm going to give it a few more shots, maybe I can "train" my eyes to get used to them...cause I already wear clear contacts.