Please give me some recs!

barbie.doll

Hi gals,

Okay, so... I live in Las Vegas, NV. This desert heat is literally KILLING and FRYING my already dry hair!
ssad.gif
And my hard water isn't helping me much, either.

Do you gals have any hair products (shampoos, conditioners, leave-in conditioners, serums, sprays, etc.) you may recommend me to heal my dry/damaged hair and also protect from the harmful UV rays from the sun?

My hair used to be so healthy, shiny, and soft... now it's just... a complete disaster. It is so dry that I cannot do a thing to it. It looks like straw! This is why I'm never dying my hair again. It took such a toll on my hair.
ssad.gif

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
winkiss.gif

disconlemonade

Try using coconut oil or Moroccan oil as a deep conditioning treatment, that will help your hair regain its moisture.

disconlemonade

I use coconut oil and I get it from an Indian grocery store. My sister uses the Moroccan oil and she got it off ebay, I'm not sure if they have them in stores.

breezybabe89

I know exactly how you feel! I live in Arizona and my hair suffers too(probably more so from bleaching/dying it though)! I use the following products everyday to ensure my hair feels soft and manageable: Paul Mitchell Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner, then after I towel dry my hair and before I blow dry I use It's A 10 miracle leave in product, Warren Tricomi Protect Organic Hair Shield, and Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny Serum. I know that sounds like a lot of product but if you use the recommended amount of each product your hair shouldn't look greasy. Then after my hair is dry and before i straighten/curl/or just leave the house I spritz it with a little of Pureology Seroius Color Care Antifade Complex Glossing Mist. And 1-2 times a week i use a deep conditioning masque like Paul Mitchell's The Masque. I've really beaten upo my hair with bleaching/coloring/flat ironing for about 6 years now but with the help of most of these products my hair is soft and shiny! Hope it helps you out!

barbie.doll

Great suggestions! Thank you hun!

Edit: I did bleach my hair... I had caramel and blonde highlights put into my hair in October of 2007 for my senior photoshoot... then later that year when the roots were coming out, I dyed it jet black, and my natural color grew out. Then, (an impulse decision!) in february of this year, I dyed it black again. And now my hair is just so dry because it soaked up the color so well in the ends. My whole hair is just dry and frizzy and uncontrollable. I also already have thick, coarse hair so it doesn't help me when it's not cooperative. But when my hair was healthy, it was amazingly shiny, smooth and beautiful.
ssad.gif
When my hair was a virgin... *sigh*

I hope I may restore my hair completely...

xsnowwhite

I love the new redken real control line. Im pretty sure thats the name, theyre all in purple bottles. All the products work amazingly!!

kaylabella

For moisture and shine, olive oil is amazing! Every few weeks I cover all of my hair in a coating of olive oil and let it sit for a few hours wrapped up in either a towel or shower cap, occasionally blasting it with a hair dryer, the Nevada heat would probably suffice, and the longer you leave it in, the better it will turn out! Then just shampoo it a couple times to get the oil out, condition like normal, and voila! Gorgeous, luscious hair! This is seriously one of the best tricks I have found to keep my hair in good shape, even if you do catch a whiff of a pasta smell here and there on the first day, but that can be covered with your conditioner and styling products. Hope that helps ;D

Also, a water filter for your shower could help save you from the hard water
smiles.gif

LMD84

i use the olive oil trick too! but i actually leave it in over night. i wrap my hair in a bun and wrap a food bag over it to stop it getting on my sheets! not very sexy but it really conditions iti well!
smiles.gif

also the matrix biolage range of shampoos and leave in conditioners are really good. and every month i'll also do a hot oil treatment in my hair.

Cherrymint

Try a hair treatment to restore/repair it *usually what a salon does to rehidrate dry/damaged* hair. If you want a quick fix, you will instantly feel the difference with Proclaim Glossing Polish or Proclain Spray On Glosser *try either, this stuff wooorks!<3 it* for overall smoother/silkier more manageable hair(a little goes a long way!). Also, use a conditioner specifically for color-treated hair (I use Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Conditioner for color-treated hair*fushia bottle*) and don't forget to always condition condition condition.
Good luck and hope this helps!!
winks.gif

User38

From my personal experience: olive oil, Neem hair oil (Dr. Hauscha), Coconut oil, Jojoba oil -- all of these work well or alone when used BEFORE (especially olive oil) and then after shampooing -- just a drop on the ends if they are the driest parts of the hair will make the hair come alive again in a few weeks
smiles.gif

barbie.doll

Great suggestions girls! Thank you!

I will most definitely try the olive oil treatment. Today I was actually going to do an avocado, olive oil and egg yolk mask... I'll let you know how it turns out.
smiles.gif

Keep the suggestions coming!
choochoo.gif

amelia370

I had very dry and damaged hair for a while, I started using pureology (superstraight collection) but I'm sure you could get whichever line, I bet they are all amazing. Anyways, my hair is so healthy now, its a little miracle in a bottle!

Latest posts