Please give me your input on these foundations/powders/TM

snugglebunny

Hello ladies and gentlemen
smiles.gif

I am going to my cousin's wedding in a few months and would like to have great looking skin while there.

I have tried Everyday Minerals, but my skin was too oily for it, and I currently have Silk Naturals, and my skin is too oily for it. However, I will say that I have not tried using Milk of Magnesia yet to see if it helps with the oil under makeup. I do not have any MoM at my house and honestly, I'd be too scared to ask my mom to get a laxative to put onto my face XD haha. I'm very sure she'd say no to that. So, I got my bf to bring his MoM for me to test out, and I only tried it on alone, without makeup.

Other than that, although I love how pure mineral makeups are, they just don't provide that coverage that I need. I have some acne scars that I'm healing from, and some acne that rises here and there, so I do need some foundation that will even things out, won't break me out, and doesn't make my skin even more oily than it is (and it's only winter..and sadly my skin is still oily. Summer gets worse. I live in TX so its freakin humid and hot).

I have done tons of research around and read a bajillion reviews on MUA about these products (or whatever review was available), and I have narrowed down the products that I like, and does NOT contain SULFATES, which I am severely allergic to. I am also allergic to Bismuth Oxychloride, and prefer my makeup to not have Talc in them.

So, having that said, here's the list of products that I've narrowed down to. Please put any and all input, such as:
1) does it oxidize and change color on you during the day?
2) makes ur skin matte all day or ends up super oily, or enhances oiliness?
3)easy to apply? or is the formula hard to put on ur face?
4) does it "run" on you if water gets on it? or does it stay put?
5)how long does it last with a light, medium, and heavy application?
6) how does it feel on your skin? heavy? light? waxy? globby paint? like nothing at all?
7)is it shimmery? matte? how's the coverage?
8)Does the packaging break easily?
9)Is it chalky? or smooth/silky?

**I also need help in finding the correct color for me because other than the Clinique one, the others are drugstore brand and I can't test it out because my cvs/walgreens target and walmart don't have testers, and most of the compacts are sealed up in the packaging plastic.

I have light to light-medium Asian skintone that has moderate to semi-full yellow undertones, but I wouldn't say full full yellow undertones though. I am very acne prone, have oily skin, and the closest I can think of for color reference is Fairly Light in BM and EM. They are a shade too light..or maybe it's just because it wasn't yellow enough for my skin? I dont' know, but thats the closest I can tell you for my skin color.

Now to the products list:

-Clinique Superbalanced Compact (cream-powder)

-Neutrogena Healthy Defense Protective Powder SPF 30 (matte powder to blot)

-Maybelline Shine Free Pressed Powder (to blot out oil if needed--but iffy due to talc in it i think)

-Neutrogena Healthy Skin Cream Powder Makeup SPF20 (cream-powder)

-Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-Free Compact Foundation (cream-powder)

-Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer Tinted Moisturizer SPF20 (TM)

-Max Factor Silk Perfection Liquid to Powder Makeup (cream-powder)

-CoverGirl Ultimate Finish Liquid Powder MakeUp (cream-powder)

-CoverGirl Aqua Smooth Compact (cream-powder)

-L'Oreal Cashmere Perfect Soft Powdercreme Makeup

-L'Oreal Feel Naturale Light Softening One-Step Compact Makeup

-Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6

-Jane Oil Free Powder Oil-Free Finishing Powder (has talc though)

Thank y'all so much and I really hope y'all can help me out on this. My eyes hurt from reading so many reviews on MUA
cry.gif

SparklingWaves

If I were you, I would try out L'Oreal foundations. I have never had them break me out. They have them in Oil-free formulas. I have tested some of them in the store.

trollydolly

i used to use the clinique superbalanced compact and loved it. never had any problems with my skin when i was using it

snugglebunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
i used to use the clinique superbalanced compact and loved it. never had any problems with my skin when i was using it

is your skin oily and acne-prone? or is it usually clear? Because I've got oily and acne prone skin so I'm a bit scared to use this. Is there anything else you think I should know about this product? Thanks in advance!

mich

I've used the ColorStay makeup for normal/dry skin, not exactly the same but HTH anyway:

1) does it oxidize and change color on you during the day? nope
2) makes ur skin matte all day or ends up super oily, or enhances oiliness? it doesn't stay matte, but i just get my usual amount of shine by the end of the day
3) easy to apply? or is the formula hard to put on ur face? goes on slightly streaky i feel, but nothing you can't fix with a little extra blending
4) does it "run" on you if water gets on it? or does it stay put? i've never gotten water on it, but it doesn't run with heavy sweating.
5) how long does it last with a light, medium, and heavy application? i can't break it down, but fading wasn't an issue. actually, i rmbr reading somewhere that this colorstay stuff is like super glue
smiles.gif

6) how does it feel on your skin? heavy? light? waxy? globby paint? like nothing at all? it definitely did feel like i had something on, but it wasn't suffocating.
7)is it shimmery? matte? how's the coverage? matte. light-medium coverage.
8)Does the packaging break easily? it's glass so i wouldn't risk it
9)Is it chalky? or smooth/silky? smooth.

Overall great value for money I think. The only reason I switched away was the lack of yellow undertones in the shade range. I'm also Asian with moderate yellow undertones, so you might wanna watch out for that. But I do remember that the oily skin range had more shade choices so you might luck out! I've got a medium-dark skintone NC35 and my shade was 250 Fresh Beige (though it was also a bit light).

Simply Elegant

I love L'Oreal's true match.
1) does it oxidize and change color on you during the day? No.
2) makes ur skin matte all day or ends up super oily, or enhances oiliness? Keeps me matte most of the day. I have oily skin, but not overly so.
3)easy to apply? or is the formula hard to put on ur face? Easy.
4) does it "run" on you if water gets on it? or does it stay put? Stays.
5)how long does it last with a light, medium, and heavy application? I use a primer and powder with it but it lasts.
6) how does it feel on your skin? heavy? light? waxy? globby paint? like nothing at all? Like something's there, but it doesn't feel heavy.
7)is it shimmery? matte? how's the coverage? Matte, buildable medium coverage.
8)Does the packaging break easily?
9)Is it chalky? or smooth/silky?

I've never tried any that you've listed.