Please help ASAP or my parents will kill me!!!

mmmakeup

Does anyone know how to clean melted carpet of their hair straighteners?

I was hoping this would help with a little accident I just had... I was warming my feet on our heater and my socks melted all over it. There are now two really obvious plastic footprints!

I hoped that what ever could clean off melted carpet might also clean off melted socks!

Any ideas... anyone... please!!!
cry.gif

TISH1124

If you have a bottle of Goo Be Gone...that will normally work at cleaning off things like this....

Although I have never had melted carpet or socks on my flat iron...so it's just a guess.. But please make sure it is off and cool before you use the Goo be Gone....ot try rubbing alcohol if you don't have that

PS....I live by Goo Be Gone...That crap is amazing !!

mmmakeup

Thankyou! Right now I'm scraping off the worst with a kinfe :S Than I'll try dissolving the left overs with something like that... fingers crossed I can find some without having to tell my Mum!!

TISH1124

Goo Be Gone can be bought at Walmart and anywhere...it cleans off sticky glue and doesn't hurt the finish so I am postive it will work

iadoremac

I have has melted carpet on my iron and i scrubbed it off using a sponge and cold while it was still hot. Be careful not to burn your fingers though

mmmakeup

Got it all off by scraping with a kinfe thank god!!!

Thanks for your advice ladies, much appreciate
smiles.gif

Skin*Deep

this post makes me smile because I love that when something goes wrong for a member, they come here first!! awwwww. I'm all warm and fuzzy inside.

mmmakeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin*Deep
this post makes me smile because I love that when something goes wrong for a member, they come here first!! awwwww. I'm all warm and fuzzy inside.

Hehe yeah its like a proper community
smiles.gif

And so many people here are so wise I knew that someone could help me out
th_worship.gif
haha!