Please help! Bumps all over my face...are these clogged pores? (Pics)

ddglitter06

These bumps are all over my cheeks. It looks so bad and I don't know what to do to even begin combating it. I started using Stridex pads (in the red box) and it seems like I've gotten more bumps since using it. I use a cleansing oil to remove my makeup and then cleanse with Cerave.
e888b15e_image.jpeg

shellygrrl

Staff member
I think that may be cystic acne? It may be better to just let it run its course, if it hasn't already.

nailgrrl

They look like closed comedones to me. When did you start using Stridex? Did you recently introduce anything else to your routine?

AnneOyer

Most probably it is milia. Milia appears when the skin is not exfoliating properly that dead skin cells gets stuck under the skin. I suggest that you use exfoliant cream at least twice a day to remove dead skin cells and promote the growth of new skin cells.

flowerpuppy

At least one of those is a pustule. I had a similar breakout of pustules around my right nasolabial fold after I over exfoliated and went a little crazy with the serums. It wasn't exactly the same as you have here - mine were 1-3 mm puss filled bumps. I was trying to combat them with salcylic acid and making them worse and finally went to a dermatologist out of frustration. In my case she suspected a strep infaction and prescribed a topical antibiotic which cleared it right up. If it's not responding to OTC stuff, consider a dermatologist.