Please help me decide......

pratbc

I would really like to cut my hair a little bit to give it some sort of style. I'm getting really bored with it atm! I found a style I really like- but am not sure if it will suit my face shape. I have been trying to figure out forever what my face shape is, but I don't know. If anyone can help with that too, I would appreciate it. <3

Here is a pic of my hair right now. Sorry, I don't really have any pics of just me.

http://img.makeupalley.com/3/6/8/3/892309.JPG

Here is the haircut that I am seriously considering.

peppermint_eel8.jpg

So, do u ladies/gents think I should go for the plunge? Any comments would be appreciated as I don't really have anyone else to ask.

Thanks so much in advance!
Patti

pratbc

Thanks ladies <3 I am going to try to get in this week to get it done! Can anyone tell me what they think my face shape is? This has really baffled me....
Thank you all so much, I really appreciate it!

pratbc

I went to the Coach site and I do think its oval- so thanks ladies. One more thing......do you think this cut would look good with a side swept bang or no?
Thanks again

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratbc
I went to the Coach site and I do think its oval- so thanks ladies. One more thing......do you think this cut would look good with a side swept bang or no?
Thanks again

I think so if it were a light layer of bangs and they were tapered properly. I imagine they'd look best if done by a razor to get that soft, sweeping look.

AllisonWeaver

You are so gorgeous!!
I definitely think you should have your hair cut in a bob, but I wouldn't get the long pieces in the front. I'd either keep the hair the same length all around (keeping in mind that the back is layered, so keep the front the same length as the longest layers in the back), or have the length shorten a bit as it comes around the side of the face.. though I prefer keeping it the same length so you'll have enough length to tuck the hair behind your ears.
Side bangs should look fine. Judging from the picture, it looks like the hair in the second picture has side bangs.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I think so if it were a light layer of bangs and they were tapered properly. I imagine they'd look best if done by a razor to get that soft, sweeping look.

agreed!

and, your little boy is too cute for words.
greengrin.gif

pratbc

I am about to go take the plunge- my haircut appointment is in an hour. I am actually really nervous as I have never had my hair as short as I want it (well I cant say NEVER, I was bald when I was born, hehe).
Wish me luck and I will post pics when I return.
Thanks ladies for all of your input and compliments <3

liquidfir

babe i think it will look gd on u LOLLL i had the exact same hairdo 6 months ago. i snapped off 21 inches of my hair. blame victoria beckham for her hair influences but when it grows out.... the headache starts. the shoulder length hair just goes nowhere if u ask me. the bob takes a long time to maintain.
the bob doesnt stay that shape naturally unless u have unbelievably naturally straight hair. otherwise u will need to blow it out or straighten it with a straightener