Please Help Me Find An Eye Cream That Works!!

coconut

I have serious undereye issues. I have very dark circles and my eye area is also very dry, especially in the winter (and the fact that I need concealer and setting powder for my dark circles doesn't help). I am also prone to getting milia. My main concern is the dryness so that my concealer doesn't look cakey. I hate my dark circles, but I find that "brightening" eye creams make my eyes drier and just irritate them. I would love SPF, but I also find that to be drying and irritating. Therefore, I would like something that just offers straight up moisturization, but it can't cause milia!! And something as natural as possible would be great. Here is a list of what I've tried:

Clinique All About Eyes - This one did seems to be fairly moisturizing and didn't irritate. I haven't used it in a few years, but I might be willing to go back to it if I can't find anything else.

Clinique Advanced Stop Signs - This one dried my eyes out and irritated. I don't know if it was the "brightening" properties or the SPF or both.

Lush Enchanted Eye Cream - Pretty nice and non-irritating, but wasn't moisturizing enough.

MAC Moisturelush - Irritated. Again, must be the brightening.

Olay Age Defying Revitalizing Gel - I thought this would be good because it has no brightening and no SPF and it is a gel, so I thought it would be lighter than a cream and, therefore, not cause milia. But it is really sticky and not moisturizing at all.

Pure Jojoba Oil - Not irritating, but not moisturizing enough either.

I'd go for drugstore or department brands, but nothing TOO expensive (preferably not over about $35). Okay, so I know this is a really long post, but I am DESPERATE to find something that works and would really appreciate input!

HOneY LuSt

i think alot of ''brightening'' creams contain mica or shimmer. so of course that will irritate ur eyes! i know the clean and clear brightening line is packed with it, even though its the tiniest bits of shimmer, it still looks so obvious and fake.

i actually use palmers cocoa butter with vitamin e, elastin, + collagen under my eyes! its not labeled as an eye cream but it works for me lol it evens out my skintone and smooths out lines.

i've also heard amazing things about vitamin C powder and mixing it with lotion or water for brighter under eyes.

Kiss and Makeup

For the longest time I used L'Oreal Age Perfect Eye, which moisturizes AND kept the skin on my eyelids tight/wrinkle free. I noticed my under eye circles were a lot less. It was about $15/20 at Meijer.

I recently switched to Philosophy "When Hope is Not Enough," but I don't like it as much. It doesn't moisturize like I like, so I'm going to start using them both. I had the L'Oreal for about a year..you hardly need any of it!

coconut

joygasm - I'm sure some of the other Olay eye creams aren't too bad, but this one is sooo sticky and just SITS on your skin and doesn't moisturize at all.

iluvmac - I never thought of pure shea butter, but that sounds like a good idea! Can you just buy it at a drugstore?

iluvmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
joygasm - I'm sure some of the other Olay eye creams aren't too bad, but this one is sooo sticky and just SITS on your skin and doesn't moisturize at all.

iluvmac - I never thought of pure shea butter, but that sounds like a good idea! Can you just buy it at a drugstore?

Here in Italy you can find it in pharmacies and in herbalist's shops. I don't know about where you live. Trust me, it's like heaven for our dry undereye skin. Just make sure to use it in teeny quantities. Being it quite thick, I prefer to use it at night.
Hope this helps.

rt66chix

If you really wanna banish the dark circles, I recommend Erase Eye Gel from DDF. I've seen it work well for the most challenging of dark circles. Unfortunately its not the most moisturizing of them all (not too much filler, which is a good thing), so I'd supplement it with a more moisturizing cream, which can be a cheaper one.
Clinique's All About Eyes is still a really good one, and I find that the original formula is good in the summer and I switch to the more creamy one in the winter or when I've overdone it with harsh products around my eyes.
I hope that helps
smiles.gif

Latest posts