Please help me! I can't stop my e/s from creasing!

Ericita

I'm so sad. I've bought some MAC e/s and though the colors are SO pretty, they crease a lot on me! (is that how you call when the e/s goes to a "line" where the eyelid folds?)

I tried wearing a paint under it (bare canvas), but they still crease very fast: in 2 hours you can notice it has started creasing... in more hours I will only have 2 lines of e/s in my lid
cry.gif

Then I tried using a paint pot (groundwork for my brown e/s) but it's around the same...
Maybe I don't apply them well? I've tried using my fingers and 242 brush. A little quantity and also more of it, but it's always the same, in less than 3 hours I will be a creased girl
weeping.gif

I know it's because my lids are very oily (as the rest of my face), but I hope you can help me!

Ah, I've read about a product (Urban Decay Primer Potion) but they don't sell it in my country and I don't trust ebay
thmbdn.gif

So pleeease recommend me something else!
Thanks, and excuse my english...

newagetomatoz

I have the same problem! For me, Urban Decay Primer Potion is my miracle worker. But if you have it in your country, before I found out about Urban decay, I was using liquid eyeshadow from L'Oreal and CoverGirl as a base.

You also might want to try using translucent powder as a base before hand to help. Or I found using a gel eye moisturizer helped reduce oiliness.

Sorry! I wish I could be of more help!

nunu

I really wish you can get urban decay because it really helped my eyeshadow from creasing. I don't know about the quality of MAC prep and prime, try it, it might work.

hth

me_howell

Although paint pots work very well for me, Benefit's FY...eye works exceptionally well. I have oily eyelids and this is great, the color is kind of apricot, but doesn't really effect e/s colors.

Hope this helps!

Natalie_Necro

Is there any way you could order UD Primer Potion from Sephora or something? It really is the best!

Have you tried MAC's shadesticks? Those worked really well for me, just don't roll up too much at once or it will break off (I learned this the hard way lol)
<3

COBI

Do you have ArtDeco in your country? I haven't tried it personally, but it is another like UDPP that I hear good things about here on specktra.

I want(ed) to try ArtDeco eye primer, but am unable to get it here in the US (as far as I can tell.)

janwa09

You can stick with MAC Paint Pots but before applying them, put a mattifying gel on your lids like Body Shop Tea Tree Mattifying Gel and let it dry first before applying the PPs...it helped a lot cos I also have a prob with creasing.

Ericita

LOL I'm so jealous now. Most of the brand you've mentioned aren't sold in Chile.

I'll try L'oreal liquid eyeshadow and Lancome color dose. I'll also try shadesticks and prep prime from MAC, but I've read that shadesticks are very hard to work on lids and that the primer from MAC doesn't help a lot with creasing. I've also read that Clinique has a primer for eyeshadows, does anyone know about it?

Covergirl, Urban Decay, Benefit, ArtDeco aren't sold here.

Thanks a lot for your help. I will try the products you've mentioned and hopefully i will be able to use these cute eyeshadows.

Also I will be waiting until a friend or someone goes to another country to see if he can bring me UDPP.
I don't trust ebay at all and if I buy any cosmetic online (for example at Sephora) surely they will stop it once it arrives to Chile and won't let me have it unless I pay huge taxes. So I will have to wait until someone goes outside the country and comes with it or that a friend sends it to me from another country as a "gift" (I hate chilean duty and their taxes, they stop everything. Once I bought a perfume from strawberry and it was so hard to have it finally on my hands that buying online is not an option anymore)

Thank you again. If anything of what you've mentioned works I will let you know!

And if anyone else knows about another product please tell me about it!!!!!!!!