Please Help Me Look Professional

pratbc

Hi Everyone,
I happen to be in the middle of a nasty divorce/custody battle and will have to go to court soon. I need some help on a makeup look that will help me to look professional and more my age (I am 28 but always am mistaken for a teenager). I will be wearing a black skirt suit with a royal blue collared button down. Any help will be greatly appreciated as it is EXTREMELY important that I look my best. I have included a link to a recent picture of myself so that you can see my coloring. Thanks so much in advance
smiles.gif

http://a357.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...b5cc8e8b44.jpg

Shimmer

Failsafe:
Black slacks
White fitted 3/4 sleeve button up shirt
minimal jewelry
black close toed shoes
neutral makeup and soft lips. Nothing garish.

prinzessin784

I would do a wash of something very neutral, like Shroom, a very light coat of mascara, natural face, and nothing too shiny on the lips. Most judges are very conservative and it's better to err on the side of caution and look a little boring than risk pissing him/her off.

Good luck at court!

athena123

prat, you're lovely and it looks like you have terrific skin. You really don't need much makeup and I bet you hear that all the time
smiles.gif

In your shoes, I'd opt for the same polished look as if I were going to a job interview; you already know the nightclub look isn't going to get it. Start off with a light dusting of foundation to even out the skin tone and a stick to a neutral daytime look for eyes, cheeks and lips. I don't know what brands of makeup you have and can't recommend any specific shades, but a light taupe on the lid with a non-shimmery beige on the brow bone, a deeper dark in the crease along with a coat of mascara is probably all you need around the eyes. A sheer blush in pink or peach will probably work very well for your skintone and nude or light lip gloss will finish the look.

I'm sure others will chime in with more specific suggestions, I'll send positive thoughts your way. Custody battles are awful...

L281173

I would keep my makeup look much softer and conservative. You are trying to create a positive image and wish to be taken seriously.

pratbc

Thank you all so much for your suggestions so far. I have an extensive collection of MAC products, so if anyone has any specific color/product recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.

athena123

More neutral shades I go with, although I think I'm a little darker than you - similar to NW25, only I'm more beige. My eyes and hair are brown.

Bisque all over from lash to brow, creates a nice and neutral canvas.
Ochre style in the crease
another layer of ochre style in the outer V and as a very subtle eyeliner along bottom of lashes.

I'd skip any other eyeliner and just go straight to a coat of black mascara from there.

For blush, I'd use the sheertone blush baby for the slightest tint to your cheeks and go with either a light pink or nude lip stick or gloss. Nice and simple....

Latest posts