Please help me with Milani's Atlantis e/s!

drummerlover2000

I've just recently bought Milani's Atantis e/s and I dont have a clue on how to wear it or what to wear it with!!! I've searched these boards but not much came up.

I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on how to appy it and what colors go well with it? Pictures of it would be nice too if anyone has any.

I just put the e/s on with a lip brush starting at the lashline and blend upward till it fades out just above the crease. I also own Milani's Shock, Garden Mist, & Sheer Sand. The only MAC product I have is Lovely Lily e/s. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

*BTW I have brown "doe" eyes and long/straight dark brown hair*

pumpkincat210

Atlantis would be pretty with Shock and maybe Garden Mist too. You could highlight just under the brow with Sheer Sand.
A lip brush could work, but i'd invest in a brush or two made for the eye. It will save you time and may pick up the colors more and blend better.
To get a feel of where you may want to go.. check out everyone's photo of the day (fotd) and the tutorial forums for inspiration!

smiles4c

I agree with Sadie...it's gorgeous as a liner! I did a light pink e/s wash with Atlantis wet as liner (with a liner brush):

sigwing

Smiles, what a beautiful application!

I've wondered about this shade, too, because I know it'd be real easy to get it a little too BLUE!, if you know what I mean. I know Milani has some nice peachy shades that you might try copying Smiles' look...which I would definitely try!

I've got them brown doe eyes too! And I might suggest picking up Milani Taup-e-ary, which is a nice non-frost nude color on the plum/pink side, I'd maybe try it on the lid into the crease, then try the Atlantis in the V shape on the outer corner & into the crease with the Taup-e-ary. I'm guilty of using sponge-tip applicators, and I like the ones that have the pointy end to them because they help with the V, or for wetting them & using them to line with on upper and lower lids.

Also, as to applicators, go to Walgreens (when you check out the other Milani shades!) and in their beauty tools area there are some really great brushes for not much $, I think the brand is "Precision," maybe, they're in a hot pink plastic package. There's a double-ended one that's awsome, a fluffy wedge and a big sort of slight point brush, and they have various other regular brushes. I just love them. And they've also gotten a new line in called "Vintage," I think, that are ivory-handled. L'Oreal has some brushes out, too, but I'd go for these instead. You can also find pointy sponge-tips there, too. Don't be afraid....some great MA's around here have confessed to using sponge-tips, so I'm not ashamed to admit it anymore! *lol*

kimmy

garden mist+atlantis will work wonders for your brown eyes
winks.gif
you could also do something like sheer sand as a lid colour, atlantis for the outer v and lovely lily as a light crease colour
greengrin.gif

i did this look a few months ago using atlantis and a matte black shadow:
1.jpg
2.jpg

hope that helps. and good luck, atlantis is a gorgeous colour, so fun to work with
smiles.gif

drummerlover2000

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions! All of you were very helpful and really taught me something. I am very impressed with how quickly everyone responded! Thank you SO much! I can't wait to try out everyone's suggestions!! =D

Thank you again!!!

Latest posts