Please Help!!

chucklie1

weeping.gif
Hi all
Im new to Specktra and recently won and paid for a set of 8 MAC brushes complete with zip up case from seller i670ii whom i have read about on this forum as selling counterfeit brushes! The set came with:

Brush 168 (Japan)
Brush 190 (USA)
Brush 150 (Japan)
Brush 239 (Japan)
Brush 275 (France??)
Brush 266 (France??)
Brush 194 (USA)
Retractable lip brush (brush 316) with real chemical smell (France)

link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...4013&rd=1&rd=1

Writing this my gut feeling isnt good....but i wondered if anyone would mind having a look at the link and letting me know for sure! I also paid
£7.50 for postage and packaging and the parcel came through with £1.27 stamping!! Crazy!

Also what are my options now? I feel so ripped off and angry! I purchased these on 25 Feb and had them delivered on 10 March and after reading this forum have emailed the seller today requesting a full refund...is there anything else i can do if she does not respond, considering its been just a little more than a month since i purchased them?

Please help!

Confused!!:confused:

SamMakeup

Hi Chucklie

I'm new to specktra too, also a fake victim....

get onto paypal straight away (I'm presuming you paid this way???) go to your paypal account, click open the payment that you made to him/her and start up a dispute from there.

you might be just in time, although its more than 30 days (by one day) but its worth a shot

chucklie1

Thanks Sam! Such a gem for replying!

Im also going through another dispute at the moment (just my luck!) with makeup_fairy whom i paid for 8 items but she suddenly turned her feedback private and has yet to deliver the items despite me paying for them on 15th!
Makes me so angry and puts me right off buying MAC on ebay!

Thanks again...fingers crossed eh?

SamMakeup

no worries, I was online advising on my site anyway, and I had this one opened on my desktop too!

re the other lady and paying on the 15th, start a dispute now, and escalate it straight to a claim, she'll have 20 days to reply and prove she posted the items. if she can't do either, it automatically goes in your favour. don't wait til the last minute, its 10 days now....

chucklie1

i didnt know i could put it staight through to a claim! Thanks for the advice....im going straight back into ebay as we speak!

xx

angi

You get 45 days to escalate a claim through paypal so you are still well within your time, and paypal usually goes in favour of the buyer. Its up to you if you escalate straight to a claim (it's probably best to, as suggested by Sammakeup), just make sure that you have evidence of two emails or more that you have sent to the seller, to prove that you have made effort to resolve the issue, as I have had paypal ask me for this evidence before.

chucklie1

Thanks Angi, ive just escalated it.....fingers crossed i get my money back, although i know i would have preferred genuine MAC items!!
eyelove.gif

angi

I know the feeling. I am so sick of buying fake MAC off ebay.

Paypal should decide in your favour, it sounds like you have done everything you can to resolve the problem. Let us know the outcome!

caffn8me

Please make sure that you demand your postage and packing costs (in both directions) as well as just a refund for the product. It is a criminal offence to sell counterfeit products.

If all that sellers of counterfeits are asked to do is refund the product price and the buyer pays postage costs both ways then the seller simply resells the brushes to another victim and makes no loss. If the seller has to refund two lots of postage costs they may find it uneconomical to continue selling the fake brush sets. If you get no joy with PayPal then contact California State Consumer Protection.

chucklie1

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Please make sure that you demand your postage and packing costs (in both directions) as well as just a refund for the product. It is a criminal offence to sell counterfeit products.

If all that sellers of counterfeits are asked to do is refund the product price and the buyer pays postage costs both ways then the seller simply resells the brushes to another victim and makes no loss. If the seller has to refund two lots of postage costs they may find it uneconomical to continue selling the fake brush sets. If you get no joy with PayPal then contact California State Consumer Protection.

Thanks so much for your advice! I have actually sent 3 emails now to the seller advising her that the brushes are counterfeit goods and that i wish for a full refund and had no response from her but no surprise there! It has been over 30 days so im unsure of my options and whether or not i can even pursue a claim. Im so angry ..
th_remoteImage-61.gif
.perhaps il try the contact you kindly provided...
Thanks again for your help!