Please participate in this poll!!!!

Curly1908

Hiya!
cutey.gif

Please vote for which of the following red lipsticks you would recommend for NW50. I am trying to narrow down my list before I go to MAC and swatch. I have to recreate a 1930s/1940s true red lipstick look.

Thanks.
smiles.gif

hello_my_apple

i'm NW45 AND NW50 sometimes and the best way to get that look is to use MAC DIVA lipstick ... the best red for women of color and sometimes to give it pop i use Dazzle Glass creme in Creme Allure.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotters1ga
Just curious, why are you recreating a 1930's/40's look?

I have to for an event.
cutey.gif

sss215

Not a lipstick, but a gloss, Red Stiletto by Flirt, sold at Kohl's. That is an awesome red!

Have you tried any of the new MUFE Rouge intense colors? They have alot of reds to choose from. There is also a chart where you put your foundation color in and it tells you what colors in the line could work for you. Try MAC Red and Russian Red. They have a good amount of blue in them. So Scarlett is a good one I found at the CCO. If you are near one, see if you can find it.

Ruby Woo is a matte, so make sure your lips are conditioned for that one.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
Not a lipstick, but a gloss, Red Stiletto by Flirt, sold at Kohl's. That is an awesome red!

Have you tried any of the new MUFE Rouge intense colors? They have alot of reds to choose from. There is also a chart where you put your foundation color in and it tells you what colors in the line could work for you. Try MAC Red and Russian Red. They have a good amount of blue in them. So Scarlett is a good one I found at the CCO. If you are near one, see if you can find it.

Ruby Woo is a matte, so make sure your lips are conditioned for that one.

Thanks for your help. I have to have lipstick -- not gloss, and I don't buy MUFE unless Sephora has a coupon deal going on. Thanks for your vote : MAC Red and Russian Red.
smiles.gif

L281173

I am an Nw45. I love Mac's Dubonnet. I am a fierce fan of Fresh Moroccan Lipcolor by MAC also

Nepenthe

It depends on which way you want to go with it, the first three are much brighter reds.. where as the last two are a bit deeper. They could all work for a classic red, but personally when I think of that era I think deeper - so I'd probably recommend Dubonnet.

If you want more of that 40's-50's classic matte red - Ruby Woo, hands down.

chapinachick111

hi, i work at MAC...depends on how bright you want the red.... mac red is the most blue-ish red lipstick with the glossy-ist finish. ruby woo is next and is exta matte...( need lip conditioned or it wont go on)... russian red is a true balanced red but on dark skin it looks the most orangy... with either of them use vino or current lipliner so it doesn't look to ageing...it just depends on the model you will be using... my 2 cents.

martiangurll

I am late to the party but another vote for Dubonnet. (BTW I am NC20 so if you think I don't know what I am talking about, you could be right!)
th_dunno.gif