Please recommend a look for this dress

SpringDancer

I got this dress and can't decide what makeup look should I do to go with it... Of course I can go for neutrals, but I feel like something a bit more "lively" - yet I am confused by all of the colors and can't figure out a look...

For reference: I am NC 20, brown hair and eyes

I am sure you lovely ladies will have an idea looking at the pictures of the dress (I found them on a fashion blog):

cala4.jpg

cala1.jpg

gildedangel

Pick one bright color out of the dress; like the pink for example, and base your look off of that color. It will help to pop out that color in your dress!
smiles.gif

starbucksmocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Pick one bright color out of the dress; like the pink for example, and base your look off of that color. It will help to pop out that color in your dress!
smiles.gif

I agree, you could do a pink look... I wouldn't do a look with too many colors, it would probably end up looking crazy and would have a better chance of clashing with the dress.
But you could do a kind of smoky pink look...
hope that helped
winks.gif

kaliraksha

I think eyeshadow based in the pinks is a great idea... but I think the other big choice... is to go with lined eyes and do your color in bold lipstick and funky short bold nails.

LMD84

i think that winged liner and bold red lips would look amazing! because there is a little bit of red on the dress it would go nicely
smiles.gif

Susanne

I would wear a lime green e/s like Sharp or the new Rated "R" and black eyeliner. Together with soft pink lips.

moopoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I would wear a lime green e/s like Sharp or the new Rated "R" and black eyeliner. Together with soft pink lips.

I love this idea!!

SpringDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i think that winged liner and bold red lips would look amazing! because there is a little bit of red on the dress it would go nicely
smiles.gif

What kind of blush do you think would go with that?
Maybe I would finally have the guts to wear my Russian Red
winkiss.gif

laraVENGEANCE

i'd go for a black and white smokey eye with bright red or pink lipstick to accentuate the pops of colour on the dress.

SpringDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laraVENGEANCE
i'd go for a black and white smokey eye with bright red or pink lipstick to accentuate the pops of colour on the dress.

Thanks! That's an interesting idea! Do you have a photo/tutorial of a black and white eye makeup look?

Latest posts