Pleasing a mother and a daughter?

shannyn92

I'm doing makeup on Thursday for a young girl's Bat Mitzvah. Here's my problem, I spoke to both the girl and her mother, and they want totally different things.

The mother wants the makeup to be natural looking, but obviously look like she's wearing makeup. She just wants her to look "pretty".

I spoke to the daughter, though, and she told me she LOVES color. She loves Urban Decay blues and greens and hot pinks.

How do I mix these two together and make it so that both are happy??

purrtykitty

^^I agree. Neutrals with a pop of color on the lower lash line will please both. Being that it's a bat mitzvah, the girl is fairly young, so bright OTT makeup isn't going to be appropriate for the occasion, either.

shannyn92

See that's exactly what I was thinking, but do you think it would be too OTT for her photoshoot? I dont want her to look back on it and be like what the hell was i thinking, ya know?

purrtykitty

Nah, as long as the color is blended and not neon, lol. You could always blend a little neutral over the top of the color to mute it, too. Or, maybe pop of color on the waterline with a neutral shadow blended under the eye.

shannyn92

Great, thank you so much
smiles.gif
Last thing, I want (obviously) to make it seem as if she's wearing a lip product, but I'm kind of worried her mother will think she looks "too old" because its something she was specific about. Any idea on a Liner, Lipstick/Gloss combo that is young looking?

vintageroses

Yeah i think the neutral pop thing will work really nicely
smiles.gif

I say go for light pinks or soft nudes, I can't tell you any just because i'm really tanned so my nude colours would probably be pigmented for her
tong.gif

purrtykitty

I'd probably go with something light and sparkly like Baby Sparks. Just enough color plus the sparkles will add to the fun look.

BEA2LS

perhaps also if you do use color, you could use a sheer formula.. so the daughter will get her color but it would be applied with a light hand so it would not be too much..

Latest posts