Plumfoolery

Kragey

Any tips on how an NW15 gal can wear Plumfoolery? Love the color, but it's so incredibly pigmented that it just EXPLODES on my cheeks. For the record, I can't stipple; it hurts my cheeks.

Mercurial

I adore Plum Foolery! Can you use a stippling brush, wipe off more excess than usual and sweep across your face without it being uncomfortable? It can show up dark on me too (NW20) and I apply it with my 187 but only use the smallest amount and then build up gradually if needed. Other alternative would be to apply a light amount of face powder over your blush to lighten the colour but not so much to look cakey?

Kragey

I adore Plum Foolery! Can you use a stippling brush, wipe off more excess than usual and sweep across your face without it being uncomfortable? It can show up dark on me too (NW20) and I apply it with my 187 but only use the smallest amount and then build up gradually if needed. Other alternative would be to apply a light amount of face powder over your blush to lighten the colour but not so much to look cakey?

Sure, I just can't actually STIPPLE. I'll try these suggestions.
greengrin.gif
Thank you, lovelies!

Larrabee

I don't have Plum Foolery, but with pigmented blushes I've been applying normally with a soft blush brush, and then blending with a different (clean) soft blush brush. It seems to work pretty well. I mean, I'm definitely no expert, but I'm also NW15 and I'm drawn to bold pretty blushes, so I've been doing a bunch of blending lately.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Chester

With pigmented blushes I use this technique: one swipe across the product, stipple the excess off on the back of my hand, lightly apply in one sweep, dust off any excess still left on the brush (on a clean tissue) and buff out the blush on my cheeks. I use a regular MAC 168 angled brush. I'm NW15 in winter and with this technique I can even wear Bi-Tone MB.