Plushglass---Weird smell?

NYDoll88

I bought Cushy White when it first came out. Now it kind of smells and I'm terrified to use it, but I really love it. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

Tinkee-Belle

I havent noticed it with my plushglasses but all my lusterglasses are starting to smell bad! They have kind of a plasticky smell not vanilla like when i first bought them and I dont wanna use them anymore either

karinaf

mine just... stopped smelling
ssad.gif

elegant-one

Had to go check mine. The Plushglass always did have kind of a weird citrus/plastic smell, not the usual vanilla like the others.

All of my Lip Varnish glosses have separated like oil & water...annoying. I did call MAC and told customer service about it and the lady said they would send me out a return envelope to send them back to the company...it never arrived - that was months ago.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
..... the lady said they would send me out a return envelope to send them back to the company...it never arrived - that was months ago.

Ahhh....the elusive "return envelope". I requested one in Aug of '06 that still hasn't arrived.
lol.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Definitely stop using it because the smell is definitely a warning sign that it has gone bad. I'd Back 2 MAC it for sure.

gigglegirl

Thats right, I never did remember Plushglass as having the vanilla scent from the beginning like any other lipglass/lipstick. So it still smells like what I recall it did. Not putrid or anything, but you know that non-vanilla plushglass scent? *shrug* I'm still going to use mine. Maybe you could bring yours to the store and compare with the testers (scent-wise) and see if yours has turned yet.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Had to go check mine. The Plushglass always did have kind of a weird citrus/plastic smell, not the usual vanilla like the others.

All of my Lip Varnish glosses have separated like oil & water...annoying. I did call MAC and told customer service about it and the lady said they would send me out a return envelope to send them back to the company...it never arrived - that was months ago.

The Lip Varnish glosses tend to separate. There were a few in the drawers that did that at my counter. Apparently it has to do with the high concentration of pigment. Just give it a good shake and it should be fine-as long as they don't smell like crayons. I did that to my LV and it was good to go.

lin143kayp

all the mac lipglasses I've used plushglass or lipglass whichever ones have always never had a really pleasant smell
ssad.gif
Unfortunately

Buttercup

The smell of the plushglasses do put me off, especially compared to lipglasses. It's kind of a fake coconut kind of smell to me.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
The smell of the plushglasses do put me off, especially compared to lipglasses. It's kind of a fake coconut kind of smell to me.

Agreed.

Luceuk

I had a lipglass a while ago and left it for a while then opened it and it stunk. I think it had gone off, I had to throw it away.

MellyMac

Keep in mind that the plushglass formula is different from your lipglasses and are made up of ingredients to 'Plump". You should smell more of a cinnamon and it will not smell like vanilla. If you ever open a product that smells "not so go" or "stinks" take it back. If it is bad return it to your counter. Mac doesn't want you to keep anything you don't love!

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup

i totally agree! i can't use the plushglasses because of the smell. the ones i got were a gift, so i'm trying to keep them hidden until they go off so i have an excuse to B2M them without hurting any feelings.

i'll check on mine to see if the smell has changed at all. mine are ancient now, they are from the original release in the US.

VDUB*BELLA

Mine have a cinnamony-peppery smell LOL if that makes sense. They do have a funky smell but its not necessarily bad smelling but not pleasant either

gatsby

Mine smells weirdly coconutty/cinnamon-y, but it's smelled like that since the day I bought it...

Inkerbelle

I think plushglass is supposed to smell like coconut?? anyways I don't like the smell of it... I went back to lipglass & lustreglass!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkerbelle
I think plushglass is supposed to smell like coconut?? anyways I don't like the smell of it... I went back to lipglass & lustreglass!

that is how they are supposed to smell.

Winthrop44

I don't mind the coconut smell, it somehow reminds me of the beach, BUT I can't take the feeling on my lips!
ssad.gif