Plushglasses - do they irritate lips?

Shavwi

I am interested in the nerw Plushglasses but I am worried because other plumping lipglosses tend to really irritate my lips - After using Too Faced's lip injection my lips hurt for a couiple of days! Thanks in advance ladies!

maxcat

They have capsacin in them - it's the thing that makes peppers hot. They make your lips tingle - it's that reaction that makes your lips plump up.

VeronikaJ

To add to what maxcat wrote, which is completely correct. The new Plushglass lip gloss contain an ingredient called capesin which is an agent which warms the lips, in addition to a warming agent there is also a cooling agent in this product. When these types of ingredients (both cooling and warming) are applied to the lips they create a plumping action which makes the lips appear larger.

Other lip plumping products such as Lip Venom, etc. use an irritant ingredient which actually, physically irritates the lips to cause a reaction which plumps them. Some other types of lip plumpers will also use a simple method of using high volumes of hydrators which cause the lips to appear larger, as well.

The method MAC has used for the new Plushglass is somewhat of a new and untapped into method for lip plumping.
type.gif

SugarstarMAC80

I'm not too worried about the tingling sensation, but I was wondering if there is anything slightly toxic about the plumping gloss - especially to animals, because I tend to drench my cat in kisses. Any info on the toxicity of this would be great.

lola336

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarstarMAC80
I'm not too worried about the tingling sensation, but I was wondering if there is anything slightly toxic about the plumping gloss - especially to animals, because I tend to drench my cat in kisses. Any info on the toxicity of this would be great.

well....they take into account pepole might eat the gloss..so it should not have toxic quantities of material. and...unless ur cat is hairless then no. ull be mostly kissing the hair..so it wont penetrate to the dermal layer. it would most likely just cause irritation if it was to hit skin...here are some tox articles
http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/cap_od7.html
http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/si...temp/~eoRvqx:1

eco

does anyone know if the plushglass technology is similar to LipFusion's? LipFusion has been my favorite plumper and it seems to really work and not feel spicy hot and tingly like other ones have.

SMMY

From Wikipedia: Capsaicin
The chemical compound capsaicin (8-methyl-N-vanillyl-6-nonenamide) is the active component of chili peppers, which are plants belonging to the genus Capsicum. It is an irritant for mammals including humans and produces a sensation of burning in the mouth. Capsaicin and several related compounds are called capsaicinoids and are produced as a secondary metabolite by chili peppers, probably as deterrents against herbivores. Birds are generally not sensitive to capsaicinoids; pet parrots often love to eat even the spiciest curry or hot pepper, as a snack. Pure capsaicin is a lipophilic colorless odorless crystalline to waxy compound.

So it's a different chemical, but based on the above info. I'd say it's very similar to other formulations that use irritant compounds to plump lips, such as cinnamon oil.

koolkatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarstarMAC80

LMAO!!! That's too cute =) I can't kiss my kitties with l/g on though - cat hair city on my lips.

a914butterfly

i just tried mine today. its not much of a sensation it kind of feels like when you put a menthol based Chap Stick or Carmex on. my lips plumped slightly, but nothing much to brag about. it still feels a little tingly, but i think its a nice and interesting product (not very pigmented and a lot of sparkles) i never tried a lip plumper before.

SugarstarMAC80

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkatz
LMAO!!! That's too cute =) I can't kiss my kitties with l/g on though - cat hair city on my lips.

Haha I know what you mean! I end up with black fur lips if I do it with lipglass on!

queenofdisaster

yay... now i really want cushy white and ample pink. they do look really pretty and my lips are already plumpy so i need a little extra sexy. haha!

Vicky88

Plushglass question

Do the plushglasses sting/make your lips tingle like other plumpers?

theleopardcake

Mine tingles verrrrrrrry slightly. the stinging is absolutely nothing compared to Duwop's Lip venom. It's very subtle and I like it a lot. (I can tell the difference, although it's very natural). It's a little pricey, i guess, but I don't htink it would hurt to invest in one or 2. :)

poohslovebug

They did for me a little bit. It didnt last long, and was no where near as strong as the tingle from duwop's lip venom or too faced's lip injection.

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleopardcake
Mine tingles verrrrrrrry slightly. the stinging is absolutely nothing compared to Duwop's Lip venom.

I agree! It's NOTHING compared to Lip Venom. Also, my lips aren't red and ugly like when I use Lip Venom.

gummybug

I got no tingling or plumping at all, it just smelled/tasted minty. And the colors are so so sheer.
th_remoteImage-61.gif

queenofdisaster

wow! the tingle was nothing compared to what i was expecting, and the colors were sooo pretty. i got wet, wild and wonderful.. i am definitely in love with these... im sooo happy theyre perm.