polished ivory or white gold pigment?

Nzsallyb

hi everyone

as a multi purpose pigment, should i go for white gold or polished ivory pigment? i would use it as a highlight for the face, im NC15. have looked at swatch list, but cannot decide. they are in the old jars too

thanks!

MACATTAK

To be honest, I'd say neither are good for that purpose. I believe Polished Ivory is a matte pigment, so that will not help you for highlighting the face. White Gold (though it is a pretty color), is very chunky in texture, and has a green sheen to it, so again, this pigment might not be optimal for highlighting. I'd go for something like Vanilla or Pink Opal pigment for highlighting. These have a gorgeous gold/pink sheen, and have a good texture to work with.

purrtykitty

^^ITA. I think you might want Vanilla or Pink Opal. But if I had to pick between the two you're looking at, I'd go with Polished Ivory since it's a little more versatile. You can use it as an e/s highlight, but again, it's matte, so it's not going to impart any sheen.

Nzsallyb

thanks guys, but i dont have access to those colours. the other colours is quick frost and fairylite, what about those?

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
thanks guys, but i dont have access to those colours. the other colours is quick frost and fairylite, what about those?

I definitely wouldn't recommend Quick Frost. Fairylite might be a little better, however, there isn't much sheen in it. It seems to have some very fine glitter particles in it, so I'm not sure if you'd like that as a highlighter for your face.

erine1881

i agree with all these posts. quick frost is similar to white gold in that it reflects green, but its not as chunky as white gold. fairylight is matte with subtle sparkle, again, not a good face highlight finish. honestly, vanilla and pink opal are gonna be your best options. otherwise i'd use a different product all together.

Latest posts