POLL: Humanity. I'll explain more in the thread- feel good I guess

Hawkeye

Well I have to say that I thought I had lost all hope for humanity. I literally felt that most people were out for themselves not caring about other people just all around jerks.

Well today I was proven wrong.

There was a wreck on my way back from making my runs and I pulled over to see if I could help. There were about 15 people there, one lady barking out orders and 15 or so really helping and this lady is up on the car helping pull this guy out and then they put this guy on the ground and then I realized that all 15 of these people were complete and total strangers. They just saw there was someone in need and they all got in there to help.

There was these big black guys (and those who want to start screaming why race was put in it- tough cookies) along with some hispanic guys and some white guys and then they put him on the ground and come to find out the lady was an EMT from NC and this other guy was an EMT who was off duty, and these other people they had no idea who this guy was.

So when they realized they were no longer "needed" perse they went their own ways.

And it made me realize even though humanity sucks sometimes- thats all we hear about. We don't hear about how 15 or so perfect strangers stopped everything they were doing just so they could help another stranger in need out. They weren't asking to be heros or anything just so they could help their fellow man out.

That really really touched me deeply.

Anyway- has there ever been a time to you when you really thought mankind just sucked and couldn't believe half the crap you hear and then suddenly something happens that just shows you that yeah there are people out there who do actually care?

MAC is love

My mom told me a couple of months ago about a situation similar to what you experienced. I guess she was in the post office, and all of a sudden some girl came in screaming to her mom telling her there had been an accident outside. So my mom goes out to see what it is, and a woman in a van (with her 2 kids) ran a red light while she was turning. Another young girl started to go when her light turned green, and she was hit head on I believe by this woman in the van. So the woman in the van wasn't hurt, but one of her kids had some scrapes or something on him, and the young girl that was hit gets out of her car and she's not crying or anything, she's just shaking REALLY badly and is like stumbling on her words. Her arms were really scraped and it looked like she had gotten whiplash, but she wasn't bleeding. So my mom said she saw the look on this girls face and she goes over and just holds the girls hand and starts asking her if she's okay and everything. And a couple of other people were trying to help out too. So even though I didn't actually see it, I felt happy inside knowing my mom (and a couple of other people) were able to help total strangers.
smiles.gif

Raerae

That reminds me of a poster that was on a wall in the dentist office when I was little...

It was a picture of a dog or a cat in a like bowl of sphaghetti, and the saying below was something like:

"People only notice me when I do something wrong"

It's pretty obvious as a society we take all the good that people do for granted. I would say the MAJORITY of what goes on in the world is good. People help out people every day, do selfless things for everyone etc. But we only notice the things that go wrong (hopefully thats because it's the minority, so it stands out).

Its like at work, if you do something for someone every day, they prolly dont say thankyou every day. But as SOON as you dont do it, they are on you case as to why it didn't get done.

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
That reminds me of a poster that was on a wall in the dentist office when I was little...

It was a picture of a dog or a cat in a like bowl of sphaghetti, and the saying below was something like:

"People only notice me when I do something wrong"

It's pretty obvious as a society we take all the good that people do for granted. I would say the MAJORITY of what goes on in the world is good. People help out people every day, do selfless things for everyone etc. But we only notice the things that go wrong (hopefully thats because it's the minority, so it stands out).

Its like at work, if you do something for someone every day, they prolly dont say thankyou every day. But as SOON as you dont do it, they are on you case as to why it didn't get done.

this is so so true

Latest posts