POLL(semi): about Maybelline XXL mascara for English paper

Bubbles12_98

1.) How many of you ladies wanted to try to the Maybelline XXL macara b/c of the advertisements shown in magazine/TV?? What about the advertisement made you wanna try it??

2.) Did you end up trying it? Did you like it? Thoughts/Comments about it?

user3

1) I liked the ad but know too well how much they "trick" us when it comes to ads. I wanted to try XXl because I like the idea of using a primer.

2) Yes, I did end up trying it. No I did not like it. I felt it made my lashes too stiff and not enough volume.

wheatbox

1) I tried it because of the fact that since they already have the XL out, maybe the XXL was improved. I know too, that there is no mascara ad that doesn't use false lashes.

2) It's ok to use for a blah kind of day because for me it did make my lashes more noticeable, if not only because of the fact that it builds up kind of goopy. Using a lash comb takes off most of the volume.

il23

1) Liked the ad a lot & yes I was curious about it. I liked it because of the dramatic effects of the mascara.
2) I bought it, and find its not bad at all. It doesn't smear as much as my other Maybelline mascaras and the primer is great for lengthening.

IndyEMSkitten

1. The ads for XXL are beautiful - her lashes are stunning! So full and pretty. So it did make me curious. However, I also know you never get the same result as in the ad - especially mascara.

2. No, haven't tried it. Got MF LP instead. What can I say? Online hype/recs won out over pretty advertising.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles12_98
1.) How many of you ladies wanted to try to the Maybelline XXL macara b/c of the advertisements shown in magazine/TV?? What about the advertisement made you wanna try it??

2.) Did you end up trying it? Did you like it? Thoughts/Comments about it?

1. I saw the ads on tv and really liked them. I liked how full and long her lashes looked. I also liked the video showing how the mascara lengthens and adds volume. It made me curious about the product but not enough to buy it.

2. I did end up trying it but it wasn't the ad. I went into the drugstore and Maybelline products were 30 or 40% off and I liked the packaging (I'm a sucker for that) so I bought it. I don't really like it. I like the idea of the primer and mascara being in one wand but I don't feel that it lived up to the hype. It did lengthen but didn't add volume. My lashes looked like long skinny needles.

faithhopelove24

I never saw any adds for it on T.V. I tried it b/c a friend suggested it to me. Ilove it and I don't think I'll be changing any time soon.

deathcabber

1. I thought the commercials were terrible. My husband and I constanly make fun of the phrase "go XXL", dont ask we are just silly. I generally hate all mascara commercials because for the most part they blatantly lie about the effects of the product. Im aware that they have disclaimers at the bottom of the screen stating that something is an exaduration ( I cant spell) but still, come on!

2. On the actual mascara, I kind of like it! I think it works pretty well when I want over the top lashes. I love to use the primer with other mascaras as well.

xiahe

1.) i wanted to try it because i absolutely loved how the model's lashes looked - so much volume and length. i was searching for a good mascara.

2.) yes, and i absolutely hated it. it made my lashes all clumpy and it didn't give me the volume that i was looking for. it did however, lengthen my lashes pretty well. but aside from that it wasn't all that impressive.

Beautiful

1) I liked the ad. I liked the idea of the white to build and the black to darken.

2) Hated it! It was the worst mascara I ever bought. It made my lashes unbelievably hard. If I looked hard enough I could see the white stuff underneath. It didn't make my lashes look that great.

Latest posts