Poor cats

hickle

I read this the other day and I can't stop thinking about: http://www.doedeereblogazine.com/articles/smoosh

Xenia volunteered to foster a pair of bonded cats, and after 10 days of fostering them has decided that they were never really bonded in the first place, despite the fact that they came to the shelter as a pair! She wants to adopt the cute and screw the needy one because in her expert opinion it needs to be in a single cat household. That's so irritating that she's lying to herself and the rest of the internet so she can rationalize splitting up a pair of cats. People like her have no business fostering animals! I hope the pair of them are able to find a good home.

LMD84

well if they came as a pair then they should stay as a pair. that is really sad :( and if the silver kitty is getting intimidated by her other cats then she should not keep the creamy one either. the poor silver kitty may loose it's only friend :(

i love my cats so much and i would never dream of splitting them up like that. although one is more out going than the other - they would still be very unhappy if they found themselves split. they are a little kitty family.

ShesAFoxyLady

I've added my comments to the blog, as have many others, stating that it is not fair to split the cats up.

This might be as bonded as that cat will ever get to another - and she could be taking that away from him forever, especially as he is apparently so 'intimidated' by other cats. Obviously I don't know the full ins and outs of the story but I hope she will listen to the vet and get some good advice on what is best for *both* cats.

LMD84

oh yes, i doubt she will be able to split them up. the charity that 'own' the kitties will get the final say on where they go.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ugh. If you're going to foster or adopt animals, you have to consider whether or not it's going to be traumatic for them being separated from their brothers/ sisters/ friends. One of the reasons we have five is because we adopted two sets of two (the eldest was happy to let his family go, for whatever reason). In both cases, it was immediately obvious that it would be inhumane to take one and not the other. I'm sure the charity will step in. They have the final say on who takes the cats and chances are they would give priority to someone willing to take both. (I know that that's exactly how Dom and I went to the top of the list for two of our cats, a brother and sister who were in a foster home with their mother. The foster home ended up keeping the mom, too, so it's a happy ending all around.)

LMD84

this girl is highly smackable.
lol!
ohboy.gif