Poor Kitty

ms.marymac

There is this cat in my neighborhood that wonders up to everyone's door and peeks in everyone's windows. It's the sweetest cat. It is COLD outside, and snowing/raining...I hear this pitiful meow so I go outside. The cat is going to every door and meowing, and is soaking wet. I brought her inside and wrapped her up in a towel (much to my cat's distaste). I went from door to door and finally found the owner, and put a guilt trip on them....casually, of course. They just shrugged it off and said, "Oh, yeah...she's in heat, that's why she likes to roam."
th_confused_new.gif
Luckily their little girl had some sense and said something so they let it in.

Hilly

Awww...i hate irresponsible pet owners!!! You did a good thing tho trying to find the kitty's parents!

ms.marymac

Me too. I am so scared it's going to get hit by a car, it hangs around the entrance to our neighborhood sometimes. I wish I could rescue (ie:steal it) it but A) My cat would bitch slap it and B) The little girls seem to love it. My cat is still pissed at me, lol.

CantAffordMAC

wow this story is a coincidence. My boyfriend was at work and he got out of his car and a little white dog in a sweater was following him. My boyfriend didn't want to leave the dog so he took the dog in the car with him and tried to figure out what to do. He ended up calling the cops, and they were going to send animal control. Then the cops called him back and told him that a lady called the cops looking for her lost dog. So they gave my boyfriend the address and he took the dog to the lady. She was so grateful and gave my boyfriend a hug and offered him a lot of money but he didn't take it.

winks.gif
good for you, that was a great thing to do. I hate when people mistreat animals.

nunu

aww sad story! i'm glad you picked the cat up and found it's owners! people who can't look after their pets piss me off!

MACATTAK

How sweet of you! I wish I could say I'm glad you returned the cat home, but leaving animals outside in the cold/rain is no way to treat an animal. They don't even deserve to have that sweet kitty....hopefully the little girl keeps the cat inside.

redambition

good on you for taking the poor kitty in and then taking it home.

it really irks me when people don't care of their pets. it's just horrible.

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
There is this cat in my neighborhood that wonders up to everyone's door and peeks in everyone's windows. It's the sweetest cat. It is COLD outside, and snowing/raining...I hear this pitiful meow so I go outside. The cat is going to every door and meowing, and is soaking wet. I brought her inside and wrapped her up in a towel (much to my cat's distaste). I went from door to door and finally found the owner, and put a guilt trip on them....casually, of course. They just shrugged it off and said, "Oh, yeah...she's in heat, that's why she likes to roam."
th_confused_new.gif
Luckily their little girl had some sense and said something so they let it in.

That is so irresponsible! (The owner, not you!)

That cat needs to be spayed - if its in season, its bloody old enough (should have been done prior as gender related cancers/diseases are hormone induced, so if you spay/neuter before the animal is sexually mature you pretty much completely eradicate these cancers/diseases).
There are so many stray toms out there - what will the owner do if (or more likely when) the cat gets pregnant? This world has too many unwanted kittens in it, she shouldnt be risking adding to this number - and cats can roams miles for a shag! Also she isnt thinking about the STI's/pathogens that the cat can catch if mated (and stray animals can carry all sorts of deadly diseases/pathogens, even if they are only a carrier or have antibodies for them - her cat most likely wont) - its shocking how many people think STI's are a human-only deal...

Not to mention the fact that she showed little concern that her cat was out in the freezing cold & wet. Pneumonia and flu arent human-only illnesses either. Owners like these disgust me - if you have an animal, you should damn well look after it, and spay/neuter the poor things! Cats get in such a bad condition if they are allowed to be in season for too long (females can get major health problems after 2 'callings'/seasons - they should either be spayed or mated before the 3rd to prevent damage).

Its wonderful that you took the time to tend to the cat, if only the owner showed that same thought for HER OWN animal...

MAC_Whore

Quote:
.... They just shrugged it off and said, "Oh, yeah...she's in heat, that's why she likes to roam."
th_confused_new.gif

Did you want to yell, "So spay her, dumbass!" Thank you for taking the time to take care of her.

Send me the owner's address. I'll go over and throw them out for the night. Just kidding. Or am I???
sneaky.gif

tara_hearts

That was so good of you. Some people would have just shut the curtains. That poor animal it needs a better home. I know people make mistakes but they acted so nonchalant like they didn't even care. What a load of crap.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Did you want to yell, "So spay her, dumbass!" Thank you for taking the time to take care of her.

Send me the owner's address. I'll go over and throw them out for the night. Just kidding. Or am I???
sneaky.gif

I wanted to! And I wanted to tell them that their yard looks like Clark Griswald's yard in X-Mas vacation...but I didn't.
lol.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
I wanted to! And I wanted to tell them that their yard looks like Clark Griswald's yard in X-Mas vacation...but I didn't.
lol.gif

Oh God, we pass a house on the way to my father in laws house that always has a ton of gawdy shit in it: windchimes, garden statues, gnomes, flags, windsocks, signs, you name it. Now that it's Christmas, they take it to a whole new level. It looks like Santa threw up in their yard. I guess one man's trash is another man's treasure and to each their own and all that...

kittenluvsmac

Poor kitty! You did the right thing, but I would have had a hard time giving her back to such irresponsible owners.

Everyone needs to spay/neuter their pets. This world has enough unwanted animals as it is. It's also a great idea to get a microchip implanted in your pet. That way, should your pet get out and lose their collar/name tag, a vet or shelter can scan it and return it to you. When I adopted my cats from the Humane Society they came with microchips, but the H.S. will implant one in any pet for around $25.

SingFrAbsoltion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenluvsmac
When I adopted my cats from the Humane Society they came with microchips, but the H.S. will implant one in any pet for around $25.

they put the microchip in the cat?
th_confused_new.gif
i never heard of that hmm and think my kitty is from Humane Society too..

To the OP, it's really good that you said something but wow I'd hate to give that cat back to the owners who are such assholes

Beauty Mark

The microchip system is wonderful. As long as you keep it updated when you move, there's an irremovable way to identify your cats. I still advocate collars, though, because some people don't know about the microchips.

If you find that cat again, I would call animal control. It's really awful to let any animal wander like that. It's also so stupid of the owners to let an unspayed cat roam; pay the bit of cash so you don't have to pay later with kittens!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingFrAbsoltion
they put the microchip in the cat? ...

Chipping pets is quite common. If you find a cat and take it to a vet or shelter, they will check for a chip first thing. They just run a little scanner/reader over the cat's neck and boom, they get the info.

They put the chip under the cats skin, in the neck scruff area. The cat doesn't feel it. I've never felt them in my cats when I pet them. The chip is very tiny.

Latest posts