POOR TREATMENT AT MAC

SamanthaDeMuro

I normally get GREAT service when I go to buy MAC products. However, today, they only had one young lady working and she was doing a makeover on someone. I had a small list which I pulled out to indicate my desire to purchase product. I sure as heck was not going to wait forever while she made this chick's face over. So I asked her for assistance when she got a moment. She said, "Let me just finish setting this woman's concealer and then I can help you."

FIVE MINUTES LATER, she continued to work on the woman with nary a word to me. I was pissed. I bet if I had started digging through their drawers to find my listed products, she would have been helping me in no time. I left, saying I would be back later. I did NOT intend to go back to that store. Secondly, they should not allow makeovers when only one person is working that day. AND FINALLY, this woman should have stopped the makeover she was doing and helped me with my tiny list. She lost a sale.

This is THE ONLY TIME I have been treated so poorly by anyone at MAC. I was gobsmacked and extremely angry but I never lost my cool with the young woman nor was I rude to the her. I just had to vent. MAC is my fave make-up but that is one MAC store that just lost my business.

Goat Goat Etc.

That has happened to me as well, HOWEVER idiot was waiting on a lady who was late to her makeover! She didn't want to wait on me when there was no one there!

And then a manager at the same store gave me a whatever demo of brash and bold pig when it came out and gave a insincere apology. "Look I'm sorry..." That kind of apology. So Dillards counter can always expect little from me.

xStarryEyedX

I normally get GREAT service when I go to buy MAC products. However, today, they only had one young lady working and she was doing a makeover on someone. I had a small list which I pulled out to indicate my desire to purchase product. I sure as heck was not going to wait forever while she made this chick's face over. So I asked her for assistance when she got a moment. She said, "Let me just finish setting this woman's concealer and then I can help you."

FIVE MINUTES LATER, she continued to work on the woman with nary a word to me. I was pissed. I bet if I had started digging through their drawers to find my listed products, she would have been helping me in no time. I left, saying I would be back later. I did NOT intend to go back to that store. Secondly, they should not allow makeovers when only one person is working that day. AND FINALLY, this woman should have stopped the makeover she was doing and helped me with my tiny list. She lost a sale.

This is THE ONLY TIME I have been treated so poorly by anyone at MAC. I was gobsmacked and extremely angry but I never lost my cool with the young woman nor was I rude to the her. I just had to vent. MAC is my fave make-up but that is one MAC store that just lost my business.

One of the main things that MAC artists are told that they have to do when they have makeovers is tell their customers that if the counter gets busy they will have to step away from them whether they are by themselves working or not. So the fact that this girl was left alone to run the counter and chose to do it this way is because she was not doing her job- not because MAC taught her to be this way. If she did her job as taught by the company you would have been helped within like a minute. I'm sure you're not the only sale that she caused the counter because she wasn't capable of multi-tasking. Back when I lived in the north east this didn't seem to be a huge problem, but now I live in the mid west and whenever I visit the counter here I notice the employees ignore the crap out of customers and don't multi task AT ALL. I think it's just that people here have no sense of urgency and they're like oh you need something? Well I'm sure you can wait 10 minutes because I am not willing or able to do 2 things at once- sorry. Makes me insane.

If I were you I'd talk to a manager or e-mail MAC.

MichaelaLou

I went to a counter yesterday and asked if a mascara was oil or water base, she didnt know so asked another ma who looked at her asif i was an idiot and said to tell me there are water proof ones. I felt really embarassed.