Pope compares Atheism to Nazism

Mabelle

Oh yea, I'm a total Nazi. Except I'm trying to eradict the silverfish in my bathroom and any wayward spider, not jews...

This guy is an idiot. Plain and simple. I'm not religous by any stretch of the imagination, but this guys is doing the church a total disservice by being a grade a douche. not wonder so many of us are sick and tired of religon. With moronic comments like this, its hard not to be. And he should know, better than most people, how unbelieveably ridiculous and hurtful it is to compare something like nazisim to antheism. He needs one of those V-8 slaps.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
SERIOUSLY??
angry.gif

He needs to learn that just because some people have different beliefs, doesn't mean that they're evil or any worse of people!

Just because some people are atheists doesn't mean they don't have morals OR are forcing people to become that way.

You do realize that statement is the antithesis of pretty much any religious viewpoint, right?

m4dswine

Pope who? Oh you mean that chap who is the head of some faith that I don't believe in? Well, he's got a nice house, with a church with enough marble to give everyone in the world a new kitchen worktop.

Agnostic verging on atheist here, not giving a crap about what the head of any faith tries to preach, unless it's understanding and tolerance.

Goat Goat Etc.

Yeah big props to a man who says not to use condoms to a continent (Africa) ravaged with AIDS!

Lives in a castle of plenty yet tells the poor to hope!

Can't apologize for the molestation of your children and shuffles pedo-priests to the next playground!

Tells women they should be subservient to their husband (women only cook and clean you see) and abortion is a crime (when he's birthed no children and raised none by himself on next to nothing)!

Virginity is a virtue so no premarital sex!

banana1234

perhaps the pope should stop pointing fingers and start looking within his own religious circle

all that child molestation within the catholic church? is that better than being an atheist? i think
not!

being religious does not automatically make you a better person

your actions determine that, actions speak louder than words

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
I would like to buy this Pope some indulgences --- he's going to need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
He needs one of those V-8 slaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4dswine
Agnostic verging on atheist here, not giving a crap about what the head of any faith tries to preach, unless it's understanding and tolerance.

crocoduck_approves.jpg

katred

Specktra Bestie
Although pretty much every boy was pressed into the Hitler Youth during the Nazi regime, you'd think that someone along the line of people vetting this speech would have realised that even dropping the word Nazi would invite some pretty embarrassing comparisons. Aside from that, there have always been some pretty serious questions about the Catholic church and particularly the papacy of the time and their behaviour during the worst days of the holocaust.

The sad thing is, this is the spokesperson for the Church and he's making all Catholics look ridiculous. I'm agnostic myself, in that I believe, no matter if there is a god or gods, we should struggle to be decent, fair human beings on our own. My bf, however, is a Catholic and I feel sorry for him whenever something like this comes out. He's embarrassed by it.

But at least this all brought crocoduck into my life!

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydonian
pope-palpatine.jpg

Enough said.

OMG, that made me laugh out loud and loud enough that a few coworkers came to see what was so funny. That made my day.
choochoo.gif

martiangurll

Ironically, the problem with the Nazi party is that used religious ideation to justify genocide in addition to a lot of other societal evils. Sort of like, I don't know, the Spanish Inquisition which was run by, guess who?

Latest posts