Popping off BE sifters?

mariecinder

Has anyone tried taking the sifter part on the BE jars off? I want to get at that last bit that's caught up in there but I haven't figured a way to get the top off!

Anyone have any ideas?

liv

If you use something with a fine metal edge ( I use my pointed tweezerman, but a thin knife would work too I bet) and pull up around the whole thing, putting the tweezer tip between the container and the plastic sifter. I had to go a couple times around the container before it lifted off enough to take it completely off. I hope this makes sense.

mariecinder

Hmm...sorry but I'm still a bit confused. lol! Do you put the edge in the sifter holes? There isn't really an edge on the side to pry underneath...

liv

No, look closely at the jars, there is an edge on the sides where the thick plastic of the sifter sits on the jar. You want to wedge your tweezers/whatever in there, and go around the whole container so you've pried up the edge around the whole thing; it will be much easier to get the whole thing off if you do that.

aeni

I just use a palette knife and lift up the sides. The jars are great to keep to refill with something else for travelling. After trying BE i just opened them up, dumped, and cleaned them before filling them with dirt powders for FX makeup, baby powder, and setting powder.

Latest posts