Porcelain Beauties: Rants and Raves for foundations

ThePowderPuff

I am not that fair, but I have heard from others that Shiseido foundations have excellent fair colours. I also find that when looking at them. Somehow the japanese foundation tones seem to work good for fair skin?

revinn

For those of you who have used the Illamasqua foundations..

NC15 by MAC is too dark for me, MUFE 110 is perfect. I currently use Studio Fix powder in N3, as I've stopped using liquid foundations. I'd like to purchase an Illamasqua Cream Foundation, as my N3 is maybe just a SMIDGE too dark. I'd still like to set my foundation with the Studio Fix and touch up with it throughout the day.

Should I buy the 110 or the 120?

karester

I was matched for 110 in MUFE HD and I love it, I can't believe how well it matches my skin. I was frustrated over the drugstore brands bc I never chose the right shade. I never realized how pale I was until I went to Sephora asking about MUFE. I'm glad I did bc I was thinking like 117 or 118 was me.

I really want to know what would match me in other brands. I'd love to just go to Sephora and ask them to match me to everything there, but I don't think they'd like that.

staceb1990

I just wanted to let you gals know that the NARS sheer glow foundation is absolutely incredible! The color serbia is the best match I've come across except for MUFE Mat Velvet in Alabaster. It's not ridiculously pink or too yellow, it looks like my actual skin. And the coverage is actually really great! I just put a thin all over, and then added a bit more onto any acne issues.

Dani California

Hi guys!! *wave*

I'm in need of some help, instead of buying things aimlessly
tong.gif
th_dunno.gif

I'm stuck since my beloved prescriptives traceless tint in level one aka HG has been continued, everything I look at looks either too dark or too orange even in the palest shades.

Any suggestions at all for me? I do prefer a lighter coverage/sheer more like a tinted moisturiser type thing. The ones I was thinking of are:

MAC face n body, what is the difference between N1 and C1? I'm confused.
Also Nars sheer glow? dunno where to even look colourwise there?
Bobbi brown real skin? the paler shades

Just wondered if anyone in same position as me and had found something to replace the prescriptives one with

Thank you very much, I love these porcelain threads!!
yahoo.gif

Growing Wings

I've now bought Illamasqua's cream foundation in 110, and it's fantastic. It may even be a little too pale for me, but it looks beautiful when applied sheerly with the 187.

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani California
Hi guys!! *wave*

I'm in need of some help, instead of buying things aimlessly
tong.gif
th_dunno.gif

I'm stuck since my beloved prescriptives traceless tint in level one aka HG has been continued, everything I look at looks either too dark or too orange even in the palest shades.

Any suggestions at all for me? I do prefer a lighter coverage/sheer more like a tinted moisturiser type thing. The ones I was thinking of are:

MAC face n body, what is the difference between N1 and C1? I'm confused.
Also Nars sheer glow? dunno where to even look colourwise there?
Bobbi brown real skin? the paler shades

Just wondered if anyone in same position as me and had found something to replace the prescriptives one with

Thank you very much, I love these porcelain threads!!
yahoo.gif

N1 is neutral with equal parts of yellow and pink. C1 is very yellow.
Mont Blanc is the closest you could get and would be good if you're an NW. Deauville is more for around NC20.

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
N1 is neutral with equal parts of yellow and pink. C1 is very yellow.
Mont Blanc is the closest you could get and would be good if you're an NW. Deauville is more for around NC20.

Thank you very much, most appreiciated!!
th_DANCE.gif
I'm pleased to hear N1 is neutral, sounds like just the thing, also was thinking of Mont Blanc, great
greengrin.gif

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growing Wings
I've now bought Illamasqua's cream foundation in 110, and it's fantastic. It may even be a little too pale for me, but it looks beautiful when applied sheerly with the 187.

Just to say I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your blog
th_DANCE.gif
fantastic to see a porcelain pale person like myself, brilliant!!
greengrin.gif

Growing Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani California
Just to say I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your blog
th_DANCE.gif
fantastic to see a porcelain pale person like myself, brilliant!!
greengrin.gif

Thank you
greengrin.gif
I haven't updated in aaaaages cos I've been working so much, but I have a day off this Saturday (finally!), so I'll try to update it then, and I'll include some swatches of some more foundations and concealers I've tried.

lauragreen1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydeadpetals
I've been using alima minerals in C1 which is a perfect match. They have a really great color range for anyone looking for pale shades.

Even though I found a perfect match in mineral foundation I wanted a liquid that I could wear when I needed more coverage. The ma at mac matched me as NW20 at first and said that the lighter shade would wash me out. I got home and my face was orange compared to my neck! So I exchanged it for NW15 and it's still too peachy. I'm annoyed that their cool shades aren't cool enough! The search continues!

I've had the exact same problem!
I was matched as a NW20 by a MU at a MAC store, got home and was not happy with the way it looked, way too dark and orange.
I tried the SFF in NW15, and it's still too dark/orange.
I have the Select SPF in NW20, but i'd really like something with more coverage, and although I prefer foundations with sunscreen in them, the SPF stings my skin for some reason.
I ended up using Kryolan's TV paint stick in NB1 out of my kit, but it's way too heavy for everyday wear (even if I sheer it out heaps), and made my skin break out
ssad.gif

I find it so frustrating that I can't seem to find a foundation that works for me.
I own Youngblood's mineral foundation in Ivory, but I can't wear that if the weather is slightly warm, as it makes me very itchy. I'm not sure if Youngblood is anywhere other than Australia.
If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it!
TIA
Laura
smiles.gif

Noctuid

Has anyone tried Estee Lauder Double Wear in Ecru? I was wondering would it be lighter than Studio Fix NC15 , and is it really neutral.

Kragey

So I've found a shade that seems to work perfectly for me, but I hate the actual PRODUCT: Bobbi Brown's SPF15 liquid foundation in Alabaster. Pink-tinted without going overboard!

It's just...I hate the FOUNDATION! LOL. It's a pain in the ass to blend, the coverage is crappy, and it feels really greasy in my hands. Does anybody know comparable shades in other brands? I was thinking of MUFE in Alabaster, NARS in Deauville (Siberia looks white...is it?), or MAC Studio Sculpt in NC15 (I can wear my sister's SS in NW15 if I'm light-handed with it), but those shades look super-pink in swatches.
ssad.gif

BTW, I have some Shiseido Lifting Foundation waiting for me in my apartment mailbox at school. It's in Shade I20, which is the lightest shade the eBay seller had. My brother got me a Walmart GC for Christmas, so I'll probably pick up a foundation, maybe Revlon Colorstay. I'll try them out and get back to you ladies.
smiles.gif

Candee Sparks

I wish I was an NW15 but that's like a freaking fake tan on me. I've been bouncing back and fourth between Studio Fix, Studio Sculpt and Mineralized Satinfinish and I gotta say, MSF has to be the best foundation my skin has ever experienced. I have a hard time making it all even but its so hydrating for my skin and if I skip on washing my face for a day out of laziness, I never have to worry about my skin cracking from dryness. And I'm a guy so I consider it a major plus since I have multiple skin conditions.

Nastka

SOS.gif

Hi there, my first post, hehe, and exactly the topic I was looking for. I'm as pale as a ghost. Well, this is me:

http://img.makeupalley.com/thumb.asp...PG&maxSize=600

Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Second Skin in #8 on the left (barely visible), Laura Mercier's Oil-Free Foundation in Porcelain Ivory on the right. I usually mix both of them to get a creamy shade (my neck and ears are warmer than my face, so I get away with it).

Now the question: Is there anything that is more opaque than Armani's tinted moisturizer and less mask-like than the LM foundation in my skin tone? I love the Face Fabric, but it's much too sheer. I'm at wit's end here. I'm in the UK, by the way.

PS: DYING to try Illamasqua's cream foundation in CF110

Thanks in advance!

xJustgirlie

I've the same problem.
I'm so pale, and I can't find a foundation that actually works for me, to match my skin tone.
Also, every foundation I tried makes me look like I'm wearing three layers of foundation plus a whole lot of powder over it. It doesn't blend in my skin or something, I don't know. This happens especially in the areas where I've huge pores (nose, chin).
Anyone can help me?

Pure Vanity

bobbi brown moisture rich
armarni lsf
are the two I go back to

recently tried dior forever after reading rave reviews sadly it's to dark on my nw15 skin
ssad.gif