Porcelain Beauties: Rants and Raves for foundations

prinzessin784

Re: When NW15 is too dark: Foundation help

Dior's lightest foundation shade is a closer match to my skin than MAC's NW15. Too bad it's so expensive though :/

Shawna

MUFE has re-formulated some of their foundations and now have some really light colours. I'm NW15 (in the summer) and for the first time in my life, I had to get a shade one up from the lightest shade. The lightest one was soooo light! You should check them out. They are fantastic about giving out samples too so you don't have to commit right away. Try the matte velvet + in #1 or #2.

claresauntie

By the way, we're trying to drum up interested in a Porcelain Beauties board. Try a search for "Porcelain Beauties" and you'll find a few threads about super-fair folks. One talks about foundation...

redhead2000

I wore NW15 for two years, but one day I noticed I looked orange. I went to Sephora and they tried a zillion shades. Finally, I found my HG foundation--Vincent Longo Healthy Skin in Porcelain. It is about $50, but well worth it. I don't know why MAC can't make a lighter shade.

Glitziegal

I'll look into these thank you. We don't have all the brands in the UK. But E-bay is bound to have some
smiles.gif

JediFarfy

I just mixed my NW15 Select with some Vanilla pigment and that seemed to work. It brightened it too. Now I'm using NC15 Mineralize Satinfinish and it's lighter. The Warm or Cool don't matter on me since I can't tell too much.
smiles.gif

user79

Have you tried mineral makeup? They come in very light shades, try Everyday Minerals or Alima.

user79

I found a great match with Alima mineral foundation, they have a very good assortment for lighter shades.

But I've wanted to get a liquid foundation as well on days where I want more coverage, but a lot of these brands I can't buy here.
ssad.gif

Has anyone found a drugstore foundation that looks good?

Esperanza

To be honest, I've never found any good liquid foundation on drugstores (I've never tested Revlon though): I've tried L'Oreal, Bourjois & Nivea and all of them looked so thick and powdery, eeeek... like my skin couldn't breathe any more!
But you can find some very good foundations in Clinique (Superbalanced for example) and Make-Up Forever as well. Maybe you could check them out!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I found a great match with Alima mineral foundation, they have a very good assortment for lighter shades.

But I've wanted to get a liquid foundation as well on days where I want more coverage, but a lot of these brands I can't buy here.
ssad.gif

Has anyone found a drugstore foundation that looks good? I tested out the Revlon ColorStay with spf15 today in the shade Ivory, on my wrist. A few hours later now and it looks pretty....powdery and gross.

Have you tried applying the Alima with a flocked sponge? I recently discovered I can get more yet still natural looking coverage that way.

Kiseki

I'm not as pale as most of you ladies, however usually the lightest shade in most brands is too light for me.

Exceptions for this are MUFE and Laura Mercier, I love their color range.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Have you tried applying the Alima with a flocked sponge? I recently discovered I can get more yet still natural looking coverage that way.

I have tried that but the sponge absorbs sooo much powder, it feels wasteful, I'd rather have a liquid foundation I can try with a brush.

Clinique does have some pretty good shades, altho the lightest liquid one seems a bit too dark on me as well.

I can't buy MUF in my city.
weeping.gif

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicGirl
WHAT THE F***!!!! Has any of you girls noticed that Mineralize Satinfinish doesn´t have an NW15 version? MAC is tossing us melanin challenged ones aside...Fan- f***ing-tastic...

Gah, ! i know!! I had my trainers put in a call to corporate for me...I dunno if anything bacame of it, but at least I can be sure that they got it.

The NC15 in this formula actually isn't too bad (not all that yellow like the SFF is), when forced to, I use it w/ a coat of Studio Fix NW15 over top or mixed w/ W10 to warm it up...probably too much work for every day use, bu it works pretty well for me.

I've also started mixing the white F&B w/ N1 or with my pre-mixed NC20, NW20 select tinted moisturizer...both seem to work pretty well.

eulchen

ive recently come to the conclusion that the perfect match for me is MSF natural in light, its exactly my colour. for when i need more coverage or want a foundation i got me the SFF in NC15 last week and it is a very good match and i like the mattifying effect it has.
smiles.gif

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I can't buy MUF in my city.
weeping.gif

Here's some places in Switzerland where you can buy Make Up Forever (in case your boyfriend or some other friends would like to take you there
smiles.gif
)
Or maybe you can call the nearest shop and ask for samples / products?

Switzerland Genève
Manor Genève
Rue Cornavin 6
1211 Genève
+41 022 909 46 99 --

Switzerland Lugano
Manor Lugano-centro
Salita Chiattone 10
6900 Lugano
+41 091/912 73 58 --

Switzerland Zürich
Manor Zürich
Bahnhofstrasse 75
8001 Zürich
+41 01 229 56 99 --

Switzerland Zürich *
Nuno Styling
Augustinerstrasse 12
CH-8001 Zürich
www.nunostyling.ch
+41 1 211 11 60

I'm pretty sure you already know the website but just in case: http://www.makeupforever.com/

prettipolish

I hate not having a foundation or a concealer that matches my skin type
ssad.gif
I'm not super pale but I'm definitely not super tan.. I'm about in the middle of NC15 - NC20... but right now I use almay normal to combo in buff?

redambition

mineralize satinfinish in NC15 is awesome!
smiles.gif
i've fallen in love with it.

i've also taken the plunge and bought the select SPF liquid in NC15. i thought it was a bit too light for me previously, but it's got to be better than putting a mix of foundation and concealer on my whole face (select SPF in NC20 mixed with NW15 concealer to lighten it and take out the yellow)

Graziella*K

I'm an NW15 who would like to test a NW10 if it existed !

I use Select SPF15 fondation in NW15 and find it's a quite good match to my skin tone ...

However I heard that Studio Fix fluid's shades are slightly darker because of the texture.

I love Select because it doesn't profite too much coverage if you don't want to and the texture is fresh and light.

xoxoGraziellaxoxo

bubs

While I love the coverage of Studio Fix Fluid NW15 is just way too dark for me. I am a full coverage girl and have had a hard time finding foundation in the right shade of pale that doesn't pull a disappearing act but I have finally found the one (for now). I use Estee Lauder Double Wear Extend in shell and its perfect. The finish is flawless, but it can be drying so I have to moisturize really well before I apply it.