Possible .88 cent Mutiny dupe?

frankenstain

I found this today in the bottom shelf of Bon Bons makeup at Wal*Mart.

Photo004-1.jpg

Sorry for the shitty quality pic, my scanner won't work. But I used this and its pretty vibrant and lasting. Its not the texture of Pigment but hey 88 cents.

I haven't seen Mutiny in real life yet but when I get it I'll get to do a better comparison. I just thought you might be interested to see this.

*UPDATE*

I got Mutiny a couple days ago so here is my real comparison.

Bon Bons is a tinge greener. But I think I did okay for not having seen Mutiny irl.

Photo005-1.jpg

Photo006-2.jpg

Photo007-1.jpg

Photo008-2.jpg

Photo009-2.jpg

^ After rubbing vigorously with my palm. UDPP is a miracle, don't you think?

wifey806

sweet.png

OMG I have that one!
th_LMAO.gif
LOL I totally forgot cause I press my piggies! I can't wait to bust it out now
graucho.gif
(i've never actually used it). I have a soft buttery yellow too that I never opened. I think my wal-mart only had 2 or 3 colors. Did yours have more??

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
sweet.png

OMG I have that one!
th_LMAO.gif
graucho.gif
(i've never actually used it). I have a soft buttery yellow too that I never opened. I think my wal-mart only had 2 or 3 colors. Did yours have more??

Do post comparison swatches if you can. I'm so curious! lol

frankenstain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
sweet.png

OMG I have that one!
th_LMAO.gif
graucho.gif

Yeah mine had this one, the gold one and a white one. I want them all now. <3

MAC_Diva

Sorry to tell you girls, but I have the same Bon Bons Pigment and it has no staying power whatsoever. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion and after I blended it with Meet the Fleet it disappeared!

FiestyFemme

Aw that's a shame it rubbed away.

Although when I used Mutiny dry on the lid (on top of UD PP), I had to add more color to the lid after I'd done the rest of my eyes. Apparently some got blended away. Sometimes I think it's more to do with the color though. I find that same problem with some color families and not with others.

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
Aw that's a shame it rubbed away.

Although when I used Mutiny dry on the lid (on top of UD PP), I had to add more color to the lid after I'd done the rest of my eyes. Apparently some got blended away. Sometimes I think it's more to do with the color though. I find that same problem with some color families and not with others.

ITA I find with Mutiny i also have to go over if I want more blue-ish ness. it totally is certain colours I never seem to have problems with my pinks/neutrals. But maybe its just not as noticeable? *shrug*

MAC_Diva

yeah when i first applied it, it was beautiful! and then it got so muddy when I blended with a highlight and contour color. I can't win! lol

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
ITA I find with Mutiny i also have to go over if I want more blue-ish ness. it totally is certain colours I never seem to have problems with my pinks/neutrals. But maybe its just not as noticeable? *shrug*

I never have problems with neutrals either, but some colorful shades seem to just fade when I blend, no matter what brand I use! I think next time I might try using Mutiny wet instead.

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl

I have that problem with Mood Ring from that Heatherette eye set.

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
I never have problems with neutrals either, but some colorful shades seem to just fade when I blend, no matter what brand I use! I think next time I might try using Mutiny wet instead.

I agree. I like to mix my brighter pigments with Visine... It's amazing. Better than mixing medium IMO. I wonder what bon bons would do if you mixed it with Visine??

frankenstain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDoll
I agree. I like to mix my brighter pigments with Visine... It's amazing. Better than mixing medium IMO. I wonder what bon bons would do if you mixed it with Visine??

I did that! It was really bright but...chunky.

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstain
I did that! It was really bright but...chunky.

Eh...chunky is never good. Especially bright and chunky.

citre

Thanks for the post. I try to be a bargain hunter when I can... I need to get myself to walmart and buy some of these!

jennifer.

absolutely hilarious. i can't believe i just barely found this thread.

i've had this bonbons color for a while and i've only worn it once. i busted it out just the other day, swatched it on my hand and said to myself, "there's my mutiny!". how perfect. haha