possible breakout problems with studio fix?

warships

Here is my problem..
I didn't use face makeup for a couple days and my skin was clear...no pimples or anything. I put on Studio Fix when I went out a couple days ago and that night I noticed three tiny pimples next to my nose. I kept using it and they haven't gone away yet or anything. I've noticed this problem before..and it isn't really a major problem, it's just a pain. I like the way Studio Fix wears and don't want to give it up..but if it's giving me problems like this I'm afraid I'm going to have to.
So...my question is, what's a good powder that semi-covers freckles and tones down redness? I've used Benefit Get Even and it doesn't do anything for me. I've also used Studio Tech and it irritated my skin. I love MAC products, but am having problems with their face makeup.
I have a feeling I'm hopeless..
ssad.gif

Star

Do you wash the sponge or brush well after every use?

I use a new wedge sponge with Moistureblend for every application, because bacteria will transfer from (a) skin to (b) sponge/brush and to (c) the compact. I pick up as much product as I think I will need for the whole application at the outset and if I have to "double-dip" I turn the sponge over so I use a fresh side.

If I'm using my foundation brush, it had always been cleaned after the last time I had used it.

I sincerely doubt the foundation itself is making you break out because it is non-acnegenic. My suspicion would fall to the sponge/brush.

caRpediEm17

i was wondering how long studiofix lasts? my other foundations and concealers hardly last half of my school day so i was wondering if studiofix would?

nphernetton

You may also look into purchasing an acne spot-treatment...If you notice yourself breaking out, at night time put it on the pimples to give them extra care. When I get a pimple, I also put a spot treatment right on it before I put on my makeup...just to add that extra medicine before I cover my skin up...Unfortunately its really a personal thing though, everyones skin reacts differently to every product...good luck!

warships

studio fix has awesome coverage, i highly recommend it but i've heard bad things about the breakouts... i think it's better for photography and the sorts.
i use anti-acne moisturizer and cleanser just incase...but i've always had GREAT skin and never any breakouts, until i started using mac face products.
i went to sephora yesterday and wore Bare Escentuals Foundation all day and it didn't make me breakout or look cakey, and covered up my redness/some freckles! I will probably be trying it out once more, then buying it (most likely)

I had hoped Studio Fix would work for me....but it didn't
ssad.gif

Thanks to everyone for their feedback, though!

Insomiac

I don't recommend Studio Fix for taking photos -- especially photos with flash. It gives you that ghost white face look.

Studio Fix is non-acnegenic so it shouldn't case breakouts. But everyone's skin are different so some may be allergic to the ingredients it has.

Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomiac
Studio Fix is non-acnegenic so it shouldn't case breakouts. But everyone's skin are different so some may be allergic to the ingredients it has.

I just started using Studio Fix last week and I broke out a couple days later. I rarely break out. I have been using a new sponge everytime as well.

th_confused_new.gif