Possible fake Rose pigment?

fingie

I bought a Rose pigment recently from a user on LJ and everything about the container itself looks right..except for the sticker. It says "MAC PRO", yet Rose isn't a pro pigment? Was it at one time? The batch number is AC0. Can anyone give me any information on this? I'm afraid its fake
ssad.gif

I can take some pics tomorrow if they would help.

Xqueeze_me

The batch code may be legit but its still best that we can see the pics, please!
smiles.gif
Rose piggie is indeed a regular piggie and usually sold at PRO stores (in my experience, they only sell it at PRO stores in Australia). Fingers crossed that your Rose piggie is authentic!
winks.gif

fingie

Sorry its taken me so long to get pics up, I started second summer session of school this week so things have been hectic.
005.jpg
L-R: Blue, "Rose", Pink Pearl
010.jpg

I'm going to try to get some better pics today...

fingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Yup that's just an older label. I have a few like that. It's authentic
smiles.gif

Thanks so much, what was really throwing me off was the 'MAC PRO' part of the bottom label since Rose is a regular line pigment now..and I haven't been into MAC long enough to know whether or not it was ever a Pro pigment.

MACATTAK

^^ I'm not sure about that either, but I have a Copper Sparkle with that label, & on the jar it says "glitter." I never thought of Copper Sparkle as a glitter, but I guess things were classified differently
smiles.gif

panda0410

I dont know whether or not is was ever pro, but what I do know is that LOADS of pigments made around that time all have varying base labels and there is a lot of incosistency regarding manufatcuring labels in pigments made around this time. I have seen black labels with no batch number (like the top box sticker) on the base of jars, my very first Green original was like that, so was Tan. My Lust Dust glitter was the same but it additionally had a stamped batch number. I have also seen a White original printed on a normal silver base sticker (not the silver pro sticker like this Rose) but with a 5 digit batch code. Where as my others like Bright Coral and Steel Blue have silver pro stickers like this pro one. Just inconsistent labelling.

I have to agree with everyone and say its looks fine
smiles.gif

Latest posts