Possibly just got jacked :(

SnowAngel1106

I arranged for a swap with a girl on MUA on May 2nd, and sent out on the 4th or 5th. I only had 4 tokens at the time and she had well over 200+ so I, of course, agreed to ship first - a Heatherette compact and a Fafi compact. I kept checking the delivery confirmation number and it was finally delivered on the 11th, so I went to email her on MUA and all of a sudden her account isn't there anymore? I found her on MySpace and Facebook and she hasn't responded to any of my messages. I looked for her on that Swaplifters page and she's not on there, so I'm hoping its some sort of mistake, but what do I do if she doesn't communicate or do the right thing and send her end of the swap? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

panda0410

Who were you swapping with? Sometimes profiles are deleted and not always because they are swaplifters. A member there with a large number of tokens was just deleted for selling on the boards, but she never stole from anyone. So it would help if we know who you were swapping with first
smiles.gif

SnowAngel1106

It was a member by the username of mizcavan. I'm only concerned because I have contacted her through other mediums and she hasn't responded even though she's logged into them.

panda0410

ah, its not the same member I was thinking of that was deleted just recently
ssad.gif
I do recognise the name though, she may have been deleted or has self deleted.

At this point I would recommend you join swaptawk. If you have tried to contact her through several means and she hasnt responded it could mean something has happened to her, or she has turned into a lifter, and sometimes it happens. In the meantime you can send a postcard to her house and remind her that she has an obligation to you, and apply for ST membership if you haven't already. Pending her responding to you, it will be up to you if you decide to file mail fraud charges or not and whether or not you report her to the swaplifters page as well. Thats the best advice I can offer atm,

SnowAngel1106

Thanks for the advice. Realistically, what would filing mail fraud charges do? What is the site for ST?

Thanks again, Panda!

LMD84

panda has given some great advice so i don't have much to add. other than i hope you get your goodies in teh end and it has just been a mistake.

Boasorte

I filed fraud charges ( along with a million of girls) against a swaplifter before, she got arrested.

panda0410

Thats what tends to happen when you break the law
winks.gif
One of the more notorious lifters is sitting her lonely ass in jail right now.... where she belongs. Theres another I'd like to see join her actually!

xFlossy

Wow! Who would have thought you could be charged for swaplifting! I thought that you couldn't be charged if you lived overseas. Not that I was planning on doing it, but makes you think twice before you do it. I do hope this all works out for you!

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
winks.gif
One of the more notorious lifters is sitting her lonely ass in jail right now.... where she belongs. Theres another I'd like to see join her actually!

Are you talking about Mommy89? That's the one I filed fraud charges against!
yahoo.gif

LMD84

i'm pleased that some go to jail over swap lifting. it's such a crappy thing to do to somebody.
ssad.gif
angry.gif

marusia

I can't imagine the wrap someone would get for that...

"Hey, what are you in here for?"..."Murder, you?"..."Oh, I stole used makeup off the internet."

lmao.gif

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
winks.gif

Wow, that's crazy! She must've swaplifted a lot to rack up enough stolen items for a prison sentence.

I agree with your advice as well.

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
I can't imagine the wrap someone would get for that...

"Hey, what are you in here for?"..."Murder, you?"..."Oh, I stole used makeup off the internet."

lmao.gif

haha I know I should not be laughing but the way you said it makes it sound so funny! HAHA
th_LMAO.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
Are you talking about Mommy89? That's the one I filed fraud charges against!
yahoo.gif

LOL, yup, thats the one
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
Wow, that's crazy! She must've swaplifted a lot to rack up enough stolen items for a prison sentence.

I agree with your advice as well.

It wasn't just the amount she stole or the theft itself, the abuse of identity and the use of the net to commit fraud were some of the other charges brought against her
winks.gif

Boasorte

^ Yes, it's crazy.
She started off using her real name, but since she was on the Swaplifter's Page, she used her friends address to do the stealing. Seriously? Is it that serious, it's only makeup.
This mommy89 person was a real piece of work...