Post Office and mis-delivered packages

carol

I bought of a reliable user who shipped my items with DC. I believe my PO mis-sorted the package upon arrival in Berkeley, and so another carrier (from my usually lady) tried to deliver at the end of her shift a week from last Monday. I wasn't home, but they claimed to have left a notice; there was no notice.

I went to the PO anyway to try to claim it (since they'll usually look and accept ID for it instead), but they couldn't find it in the back. I called them up several times within that week to see if they could figure out what happened to it. And never got an answer.

Last Weds, they finally just told me that at this point in time, it's lost. And they have no way of knowing where it was or what happened to it. I couldn't file a claim since I was the receipient; but the shipper could.

Anyway, I checked the DC number again on the website (about 2 days ago), and it changed the day after I last called my PO who told me it was pretty much a lost cause. The new status was that it was undeliverable as addressed and they would be sending it back to the shipper if information was available.

I checked it again today. And it's new status is "Delivered in Ojai, CA." I am no where near Ojai (I'm in Berkeley). And the seller lives all the way in NJ. What the hell happened?! Is there still anything I can claim from the PO since they were partially to blame in the first place (and even admitted so last time I called them)? The package obviously made it as far as Berkeley and then aparently disappeared off the face of the earth only to reappear in Ojai.

And I guess ... pretty much a long shot and very unlikely, but does anyone know anyone in Ojai, CA who received an unexpected package? I'll gladly pay for shipping to have it sent back to me.

cry.gif

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Sometimes post offices just SUCK like that... I know all TOO well... I used to recieve roughly a parcel or 2 a day... and a few of them were sent back to their original destination because a) the postie was far too slack to come down our driveway to deliver the packages, altho no problem with other "normal" letters and mail and b) they never left the slips of paper for collection... so Every single parcel I was supposed to get I had to follow up on to make sure I got them all, not nice when you don't have the time to do so... posties suck!

Jaim

It sucks to hear that!

Have you contacted the sender and asked them to file a claim?