Post your skin care routine

Niya

Hi guys, I'm always interested in skin care so what is your current skin care routine?

Include your skin type and skin concerns so that we can help each other out!

Niya

I'll start with my current routine.
Skin type: Sensitive oily skin with occassional dry patches
Skin concerns: acne and (post inflammatory) hyperpigmentation

AM
Peter Thomas Roth 2 % BHA Cleanser
MAC Lightful Softening Lotion
Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair (only when I feel my skin needs it)
Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Gel-Crème
Hada Labo UV Whitening Emulsion SPF 50 PA +++

PM
Murad Clarifying Cleanser with 1.5 % BHA
MAC Lightful Softening Lotion
Benzoyl Peroxide, 5 %
Obagi Clenziderm Therapeutic Moisturizer for dry to normal skin
Maracuja (Passionfruit Seed) Oil on occassional dry spots

Treatments
Philosophy Microdelivery Peel (has lactic acid and salicylic acid), once a week
Kiehl's Overnight Biological Peel (has urea and glycolic acid), once a week

I have been struggling with my acne for a long time now, and the benzoyl peroxide is helping but I'm still always on the lookout for products that will really help my skin.

When the summer is over and there is less sun I am going to start with tretinoin, hopefully that will work.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Combination (oily t-zone, normalish everywhere else), acne-prone skin. Day * Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash (used six days a week) * either Caudalie Foaming Cleanser, H2O+ Foaming Cleansing Water, or La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel Cleanser (once I run out, I'm going to switch to the foaming cream cleanser) * H2O+ Face Oasis Hydrating Lotion SPF 30+ * La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (US formula, as a spot treatment) Night * Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash (used six days a week) * La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel Cleanser (soon to be the foaming cream cleanser) * H2O+ Aqualibrium Marine Toner (on occasion these days) * Oz Naturals Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid Serum * Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre (if I think I need it) * La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (US formula) Once a week I use Bliss Pore Perfecting Facial Polish instead of the Philosophy one. But only once during the day. :nods: I don't use any treatments at the moment, but I am curious about the Glamglow Supermud mask/treatment. And I want to get some rosehip oil, because I've heard/read it's great for reducing the appearance of/eliminating acne scars (and I have a little bit of acne scarring).

nailgrrl

AM:
- Splash with water
- Apply Stridex 2%, wait for about 20 minutes or however long time allows
- Benton Snail Bee Essence
- Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Dry Touch Gel-Cream

PM:
- Remove makeup with Bioderma Sensibio
- Avene Cleanance Gel Cleanser
- Silk Naturals 8% AHA Lactic Acid Toner, wait 20-30 minutes
- EltaMD PM Therapy

1x a week Queen Helene Mint Julep clay mask
1x a week My Beauty Diary sheet mask

I'm oily-skinned and prone to acne. With my current regimen, I haven't had any large pimples for a long time. My cheeks are pretty smooth, but my forehead still has a few stubborn closed comedones. I'm also addressing some PIH on my cheeks and I'm planning on adding a vitamin C serum to help reduce their appearance.

Niya

AM:
- Splash with water
- Apply Stridex 2%, wait for about 20 minutes or however long time allows
- Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Dry Touch Gel-Cream

PM:
- Remove makeup with Bioderma Sensibio
- Avene Cleanance Gel Cleanser
- Silk Naturals 8% AHA Lactic Acid Toner, wait 20-30 minutes
- EltaMD PM Therapy

1x a week Queen Helene Mint Julep clay mask
1x a week My Beauty Diary sheet mask

I'm oily-skinned and prone to acne. With my current regimen, I haven't had any large pimples for a long time. My cheeks are pretty smooth, but my forehead still has a few stubborn closed comedones. I'm also addressing some PIH on my cheeks and I'm planning on adding a vitamin C serum to help reduce their appearance.
Is your skincare routine influenced by Kerry from Skin and Tonics?

I am currently using some Benton products as well. I love the Aloe BHA toner, it is so soft but the Snail Bee Essence broke me out so bad! I had a lot of bumps and inflammation/sensitivity unfortunately. But I'm going to try it again soon.

I am really, really interested in the Silk Naturals 8 % AHA but I still have my Philosophy Microdelivery Peel to finish.

nailgrrl

Is your skincare routine influenced by Kerry from Skin and Tonics?

I am currently using some Benton products as well. I love the Aloe BHA toner, it is so soft but the Snail Bee Essence broke me out so bad! I had a lot of bumps and inflammation/sensitivity unfortunately. But I'm going to try it again soon.

I am really, really interested in the Silk Naturals 8 % AHA but I still have my Philosophy Microdelivery Peel to finish.
The inclusion of the Snail Bee Essence is, but the rest is influenced by this forum. Awww man I'm sorry that the Essence broke you out! I'm such a big fan of it! I like the Silk Naturals AHA so far - the smell put me off at first (sour milkish due to the lactic acid) but I am considering trying Paula's Choice 8% AHA after it runs out.

Cindy Luc

I have oily/combo skin. I've been using these products for a couple years now and they work well for my skin. when i first started using them, they really helped to clear my skin! here are the products:

- Neostrata clarifying gel cleanser
- neostrata level 2 toner
- clean & clear persagel 5 (as spot treatment)
- clarisonic mia
- neutrogena acne stress control power clear scrub (once a week)

Kathniss08

I have dry and sensitive skin so I use products that are made for sensitive skin. I hate using products that has harmful chemicals because it damages my skin. Natural and organic products are the best. I am using a natural facial wash every morning and a sunscreen to protect my skin from the heat. I am using my Essenzza natural facial cleansing wipes when I feel my skin is dirty and dry. I also use lip balms to avoid chaffed and dry lip.

Niya

The inclusion of the Snail Bee Essence is, but the rest is influenced by this forum. Awww man I'm sorry that the Essence broke you out! I'm such a big fan of it! I like the Silk Naturals AHA so far - the smell put me off at first (sour milkish due to the lactic acid) but I am considering trying Paula's Choice 8% AHA after it runs out.
I've never heard about that Reddit, I'm going to check it out. I ordered the Silk Naturals toner. It's so cheap and I know lactic acid works well with my skin. Can't wait to try it :)

I am in my early 50s and have very dry skin. Also I have mild rosacea so I really avoid anything irritating. I use Cetaphil to clean my skin when I have not used a lot of make up and a cold cream cleanser called Queene Helene when I have. I used Cerave moisturizers, one for day with sunscreens and one at night without. I rely on my Clarisinic to exfoliate. Every blue moon, I'll use a mild glycolic peel. I'm thinking about investing in a home red light device like Tria or Baby Q. Does anyone have any experience with those?

Dominique33

I am in my early 50s and have very dry skin. Also I have mild rosacea so I really avoid anything irritating. I use Cetaphil to clean my skin when I have not used a lot of make up and a cold cream cleanser called Queene Helene when I have. I used Cerave moisturizers, one for day with sunscreens and one at night without. I rely on my Clarisinic to exfoliate. Every blue moon, I'll use a mild glycolic peel. I'm thinking about investing in a home red light device like Tria or Baby Q. Does anyone have any experience with those?
AM : - Mixa Micellar water or an organic Micellar water but before that I apply an icecube all over the face - Chanel Hydra Beauty Cream ( no eye cream ) PM : - Lancôme makeup removers and toners - Lancôme Visionnaire Cream at the moment ( otherwise Chanel Le Lift, Liérac anti-ageing creams, Dior or Estée Lauder skincare, ) Once a week, I exfoliate my skin and I use l'Occitane shea butter one which is the most gentle ever. 1 to 2 Times a week, a mask from Estée Lauder or Avène . Sometimes I use a serum too.

Dominique33

Never without my thermal water bottle, my lip balms ( Kiko, Chanel or others ), l'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream, and all products mentioned above :)

Dominique33

7dd0df86_image.jpeg

MeJaneYouTarzan

Compared to everyone else, I'm pretty simple and cheap, haha. I have combination skin with rosacea, so I try to keep it simple, light, and consistent. Face wash is Cetaphil normal-oily (using clarisonic with deep pore brush in the am) Then metrogel for rosacea (with a little Cetaphil moisturizer mixed in in the evening) That's it. Unless you want to count the Bobbi Brown bb cream I use for foundation.

Maris Crane

I have sensitive, dehydrated but clog-prone skin. I tend to get the odd hormonal breakout.

AM:
Bioderma Sensibio cleansing water on a cotton round
Nuxe Gentle Toning Lotion
Eye cream - right now, I'm using up a Benefit It's Potent! one.
Caudalie VinoPerfect brightening serum
Under foundation, I'll use Cetaphil; otherwise, I can skip if I'm using a BB cream (which is almost everyday, anyway.)

PM:
Bioderma again for eye makeup removal and to get the bulk of concealer off
Shiseido All in One cleansing oil for face makeup
Cerave Hydrating Cleanser
Nuxe Gentle Toning Lotion
Same eye cream again
Missha Time Resist Treatment Essence
Caudalie VinoPerfect brightening serum
Cetaphil Lotion

Treatments:
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, once or twice a week
Clean & Clear 2% Invisible blemish treatment for any pimples
Avene Thermal Water, several times a day - for setting, after shaving. This is HG for me, and I go through countless bottles.
love.gif

pandorablack

I have combination skin.

I was using a combinationg of Dr. Hauschka and Suki products (Suki exfoliating foaming cleanser, Dr, Hauschka cleansing milk, Dr. Hauschka Clarifying Toner and Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream), both are holistic and organic skincare. I had good results, but around the time I ran out a friend sold me some Mary Kay products. I was curious to try them because they're a lot cheaper than what I was using, and I read that they recently re hauled all their skincare with the help of an esthetician. So far I like them. I use their Timewise products in Combination/Oily. I have the miracle set (includes the 3 in 1 cleanser, sunscreen, moisturizer and night serum), the microdermabrasion set (contains an exfoliant and a replenishing serum) and the firming eye cream. I only just started using the products...I'll post again in a month and let you know what the final verdict is.

pandabear99

My morning routine is simple as it doesn't require deep cleansing, so I will write my nightly routine

1) take off make up with evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
2) cleanse face with Humble + Lavi rosehip seed cleanser - smells amazing!
3) pat dry face
4) use Origin's toner lotion with cotton ball
5) moisturize with 100% pure Argan oil
6) use argan magic eye cream

And then have a good nights rest :)

pandorablack

Ever since I started school to be an esthetician I've been using mostly dermalogica products.

AM:
Ultra Calming Cleanser
Multi Active Toner
Active Moist

PM:
Precleanse
Special Cleansing Gel
Daily Microfoliant (1x a week I add Exfoliant Accelerator 35 to it)
Multi Active Toner
Active Moist

Sometimes I use the anti aging serum from my Timewise Mary Kay products as well as their eye cream. Oh, and I use Mary Kay's Clear Proof acne gel as a spot treatment.