Postage. US to AUS?

Peaches

Hey girls & guys,

Just a quick Q.

I purchased a fullsize pigment & a TLC from ebay [I shouldnt have and I was having a bad day so I didnt read the terms & conditions] and she wants to charge $US 22 for postage!
cry.gif

I know you girls send things ALOT cheaper than that so I was wondering what postage service do you all use & what can I put forward to this seller so I can avoid paying that much for postage. Seems like a bit of a rip when Im paying more for postage than the actual products. =\

Thanks,
JJ xx

jasper17

I sent an iridescent pressed powder and en eye shadow from the US to Australia just this afternoon. Using airmail, it was something like $6.15. To have it insured was $16 USD - was she offering insurance?

Peaches

She said it must be insured. I dont mind if its not express but she was insisting she can only send express because the others arent insured.
ssad.gif

jasper17

That's wacky. Sometimes I really question ebay sellers; not sure what the logic is from time to time.

bluegrassbabe

I just sent a package to Singapore with insurance, and it was 21$. Global Express is the only international shipping service that offers tracking and insurance outside of the US and Canada. Paypal won't protect the seller if anything should go wrong if they can't show proof of delivery and insure the package.

Peaches

That sucks.

Maybe one of you trustworthy ladies would be able to receive the package for me and then post it uninsured to me? I will paypal you money for the postage.

*sigh* $22
cry.gif

litlaur

For the rates they charge, the US Postal Service is a total ripoff. They have absolutely no accountability. I got an email reply about a package I was supposed to receive at least a week ago - they know it arrived at the post office, but they don't know where it is now. *screamsandkillssomeone*

/rant

Anyway...a lot of eBay sellers charge crazy amounts for shipping, but I do think it's worth it for some items. I just ordered a custom corset and paid $12 for shipping within the US. Now that I've experienced having an important package lost, I'm not going to take any risks.

According to the USPS website, Global Express shipping starts at $15.50. So it's not the insurance that costs so much.

If you can, I would cancel and try to find the items you want from someone here, or on another swap/sales community/forum.