powder blush vs blushcreme

anuy

so what do you like better and why? and please don't say MSF because we all know that they rock already! hehe

here i go!
i like powder blushes but they tend to streak. and as for blushcreme... i don't know how to apply it!

Miss_Behave

I love my blushcremes! I use them daily and my powder blushes maybe once every two weeks. I think the blushcremes look more natural on me and blend better than the powders and I have more control how I apply it.

btw. I have brit wit, uncommon and lilicent

Sushi_Flower

Yeah i've been thinking about Blushcremes recently as they seem more natural. Things can get too 'powdery' with powder eyeshadow and powder on face and powder blush and blushcreme seem fun and pretty to me now and up until now i've been thinking i'd never use them. I don't have one yet though, there doesn't seem to be much colour choise and it's hard to test blushers in store on face.

joytheobscure

I have a CCB that I wear as a blush "Too darling" and Brit wit blush creme - I got hunger red today. I really prefer the blush creme because they blend so nicely and do look more natural on me. I do love my nars orgasm though.

veilchen

I prefer my powder blushes, though it's true that you can achieve a more natural look with the blushcremes than with many of the powder blushes.

I have to agree with metalkitty: the colours aren't the best ...

It also depends on the look I want to achieve - if I really want something fresh and glowy, nothing beats the blushcremes ...

CaptainMac

I love blushcremes, they're my favorite cream blush (granted, I've only tried three brands). They look so natural and I find them easier to blend--I apply with fingers. However, if I'm in a rush (and I usually am) I just use powder blush.

Miss_Behave

oh I forgot: all blushcreme user - you have to try the 187 brush with them, it's amazing!!! normally I use my fingers, but I wasn't able to pull Brit Wit off till I tried it with my flirt skunk brush!

Yesssssss... I never touched the Blushcremes until I experimented with the 187 and now I am a strict blush creme ho.

RicanPrincipessa

yea! now im gonna buy me some blushcremes!
th_worship.gif

any fav colors?

and they do come in pallette form right?! :confused:

Miss_Behave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicanPrincipessa
yea! now im gonna buy me some blushcremes!
th_worship.gif

any fav colors?

and they do come in pallette form right?! :confused:

I loooovvvveee lilicent, uncommon and brit wit. NW 15 redhead here.

don't know if they come in pallette form thou

user79

I believe they DO come in palette form...?

I dont own any of the blushcremes yet, but I'm a bit hesitant, they seem sticky? I love all my powder blushes and I've never had a problem with applying blush to make it look natural and non-streaky. Maybe you girls are using a bad brush with it? The 187 makes it a cinch.

mima

i love both but i notice i use my pwoder blushes more in the summer and the oh so gorgeous blushcremes in the winter.

dangerousmuffins

Blushcremes:
MAC related - I love Maidenchant blushcreme on me, but I wish it would stay longer on my cheeks. I also use CCB's as blushes too. They don't stay too long either. Love the colors, though.

Non-Mac related - I adore this Smashbox multi-purpose highlighter: http://www.smashbox.com/index.cfm/fu...-f3e28fb87d7c/ Stays well on me. I have a whole bunch of backups!!

Powder Blushes:
MAC related - I have a few MAC colors - they stay well.

Non-MAC related - I actually love using Maybelline Expert Wear Blush. Stays awesome.

Blushcremes do seem more natual in appearance. I love the infamous "sex flush" or the "winter look." Blushcremes are perfect for this.

So for me, if I want better coloring - blushcremes.
If I want staying power - powder.

HTH!!

dollbabybex

my first blush creme is maiden chant..

i have blush in shimmersweet, shy angel, dolly mix, breezy, plum foolery, dame and well dressed.

i used to be a strictly powder blush girl...

but i do like want to branch out towards blush creme now...

but i have to agree, the colours are a bit crappy!!

i dont really do 'natural' blush, i like it quite heavy!

all they all seem quite sheer and natural...if theres any anyone can suggest tho, for a more dramatic look id be really grateful.

i keep eyeing up blossoming...is it nice on?

bellaetoile

blushcremes. i used to have a 6-pan, sold it, and totally regret it now. they looked so natural and well blended, when applied properly, and weren't "sticky" like i feared they would be. they looked great over or under foundation, and blended out like a dream. ladyblush was my favorite, and sweet william was nice as well. wasn't a fan of the lure ones, though, they seemed almost too sparkly. the matte blushcremes worked the best on me.

stila's convertible color compacts are very similar, and i've just recently gotten addicted to them as well.

lara

Blushcreme. The only two powder blushes I use are Peaceful and Dollymix, and I tend to only use them to set the creme.
smiles.gif

Creme blush blends better, lasts longer, ages well and is adaptable to most skin types - I prefer it on client and myself because of the finishes I can create with it, whereas I find powder blush very limiting. I can also change the finish of blushcremes depending on what I set them with, whereas powder blush you're limited by what formulation the company has chosen to release that particular colour in.

P.S. if your blushcreme is moving or sticky, dust translucent setting powder on it. If you want more colour density from it, blend it straight onto un-powdered foundation with your fingers to build up the colour, blend it off and then set your face with powder. If you treat it right, blushcreme lasts the same or longer than powder blush.
smiles.gif

pugmommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Blushcreme. The only two powder blushes I use are Peaceful and Dollymix, and I tend to only use them to set the creme.If you treat it right, blushcreme lasts the same or longer than powder blush.
smiles.gif

ITA. I love my blushcremes. esp. pearls.
I am way into sweet william,blossoming and maidenchant (daily since i have gotten it)
i apply it with my ring finger in a stippeling motion and love love love it.
I often apply pearlizer,pigments or powder blush over it for drama, or solo for a soft flush.

now I need to try lillicent after all this good hype
winks.gif

maxcat

They're a summer/winter thing for me. I wear/use the cremes huge in the summer b/c Lara is right - they stay PUT and since everyone is... um... "dewy" (read: sweaty) to begin with it's just better to roll with it.