Powder brushes

tirurit

I am in the market for a new powder brush to set my foundation and I am overwhelmed by the amount of information out there.

On the mac front, it looks like the mac 150 is been said to be a bit scratchy. Is it comparable to how 129 is slightly scratchy? I can deal with that but I honestly would prefer something softer. How does the 134 compare?

As for blush brushes, and keeping in mind that I am a bit recalcitrant to buy online without being able to touch them first, I got a Shiseido blush brush and a Yves Saint Laurent one. They are both softer that the 129, specially the Shiseido one, which I immediately went back and bought a back up. I also have the Dior backstage blush brush and it's alright.

So, I have been eyeing the Dior and Shiseido powder brushes. Anyone has them? Any other good recomendations? Are the MAC ones trully better?

Mods: didn't post this in the brushes section as I only saw MAC brushes being reviewed

shellygrrl

Staff member
That's alright! :) The only MAC face brush I own is the 116, and it's not my favourite. I have ones from Sigma, Real Techniques, and from e.l.f.'s Studio range that I prefer. My favourite for setting powder is the Powder Brush from e.l.f.'s Studio range. It's got a flat top, synthetic bristles (though I don't recommend using those brushes with cream products), and it buffs in powder nicely, IMO. Only $3 USD. If you're in the US, you should be able to find it at Target; if you don't live near one, you can order it online. Not to mention if it turns out you don't like it you won't be out a lot of money.

tirurit

The only MAC face brush I own is the 116, and it's not my favourite. I have ones from Sigma, Real Techniques, and from e.l.f.'s Studio range that I prefer. My favourite for setting powder is the Powder Brush from e.l.f.'s Studio range. It's got a flat top, synthetic bristles (though I don't recommend using those brushes with cream products), and it buffs in powder nicely, IMO. Only $3 USD. If you're in the US, you should be able to find it at Target; if you don't live near one, you can order it online. Not to mention if it turns out you don't like it you won't be out a lot of money.
Thank you for the recomendations, I will have to check elfs website and see what they offer here

Latest posts