powder foundation rec please

makeupgirl

Hello ladies, I'm in need of a powder foundation. Mac studio fix broke me out and I'm looking for something else. I don't have a sephora close by, but it's comming soon near me in july
th_DANCE.gif
I was wondering if anyone can reccommand a good brand and color for NC 45/50 in powder foundation. I'm also wondering if I should just settle on pressed powder as my foundation. And I'm also wondering why Mac cosmetics tend to break a lot of people out. I'm wondering if their pressed powder will break me out
th_dunno.gif

pammy35

I just purchased studio fix NC40 and its the best coverage if you like that sealed look.. (couldnt stand MSF!!!!).. Have you looked at "armani's????.. I just like the finish of studio fix, sheer select is too sheer and you fel you need to touch up constantly (and im not even oily!!).. I personally dont use a MAC foundation before I apply studio fix.. are you only using studio fix??>.. message me back.. Jo

mac*lover

i used to use studio fix and it broke me out too, so i switched to Clinique
Perfectly Real Compact Powder Foundation and it never broke me out , i like the coverage too .

makeupgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammy35
I just purchased studio fix NC40 and its the best coverage if you like that sealed look.. (couldnt stand MSF!!!!).. Have you looked at "armani's????.. I just like the finish of studio fix, sheer select is too sheer and you fel you need to touch up constantly (and im not even oily!!).. I personally dont use a MAC foundation before I apply studio fix.. are you only using studio fix??>.. message me back.. Jo

Hi pammy, I was using the studio fix but it broke me out. So I'm kind of scared to do it again. And it also broke out someone else that I know. I have never looked into armani, but thanks for the suggestion. I will look into that.

makeupgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac*lover
i used to use studio fix and it broke me out too, so i switched to Clinique
Perfectly Real Compact Powder Foundation and it never broke me out , i like the coverage too .

I'm glad I'm not alone with the breakout thing, because I really like Mac. Someone else suggested Clinique, So I'm going to the mall to try it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kiseki

La Prairie Cellular Powder Foundation.

About Armani's, while the finish is good it tends to oxidize a bit.

rachybloom

If you're willing to go for mineral makeup, I would highly recommend Laura Mercier's Mineral Foundation. It's the best I've tried and I will definitely keep using this
greengrin.gif
They sell it at Nordstrom, Sephora, and Saks Fifth Avenue. Pricey, but all of her foundations are worth it in my opinion (her main selling point is the "Flawless Face" motto).

makeupgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachybloom
If you're willing to go for mineral makeup, I would highly recommend Laura Mercier's Mineral Foundation. It's the best I've tried and I will definitely keep using this
greengrin.gif
They sell it at Nordstrom, Sephora, and Saks Fifth Avenue. Pricey, but all of her foundations are worth it in my opinion (her main selling point is the "Flawless Face" motto).

I would have really prefer mineral makeup, but I just haven't find a really good one. I bought one from marykay and another company... and I'm not sure it's exactly what I'm looking for. So that's why I moved on to regular powder foundation. But thanks for recommanding Laura mercier, because I over looked it.

rachybloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupgirl
I would have really prefer mineral makeup, but I just haven't find a really good one. I bought one from marykay and another company... and I'm not sure it's exactly what I'm looking for. So that's why I moved on to regular powder foundation. But thanks for recommanding Laura mercier, because I over looked it.

No problem :] I used Bare Minerals for a while but I found it was just too unnatural looking for me and the lightest color still seemed too dark (I'm pretty fair). So, I just bought Laura Mercier's and it's honestly a godsend. Lasts all day and never ever cakes. Good luck with it :]