Powder Foundation Recommendations

BluEyeDoc

Hello lovelies,

I'm looking for some help in choosing a powder foundation. I use liquid for evening and special occasions (typically Prolongwear or Matte Velvet+) but I like powders for work during the day because they're so quick and easy. I used BE for years, but something lately has made it really "slippery" even with a primer. I have VERY oily skin and by noon it's settled into the creases around my oil slick of a nose and just looks gross. I like MSFN and have been using that lately, but I'd love something with a bit more coverage.

What have you guys experienced with Studio Fix and/or MUFE DuoMat? Any other favorite powder foundations? I have heard some positive things about the Laura Gellar powder as well.

I appreciate the help!!

sadiebaby781

I LOVE studio fix as a powder if I want extra coverage! but if I want something with less coverage I use MAC mineralize skinfinish natural. so if youre using MSFN and want more coverage I would definitely try out studio fix

sadiebaby781

i also tried MUFE DuoMat, but I didnt like it very much. I dont really remember why, I don't think it applied as evenly as MSFN so I ended up returning it.

Tonee

I like Laura Mercier's Powder Foundation or Mineral Powder Foundation as a setting powder over foundation if I want more coverage.

shadowaddict

My daughter loves MUFE Duo Mat powder foundation. She hated Studio Fix but a lot of people like it. SF just looked cakey on her. MUFE DM is really nice and has great coverage & finish. She's not as oily as I am but she does get the shiny t-zone without anything. This keeps her shine free. I love it on her. She's 24 but doesn't like to put any time at all into makeup. Most days she doesn't wear any. Wearing makeup to her is this and mascara and sometimes lipstick. This makes her skin looks flawless (which it isn't) and so soft and natural. I would keep this around for myself if it came in a lighter color. I have used hers, even though its a bit dark on me when I'm in a super hurry and it has held the oil at bay. She uses #200. There is a 199 but have heard it is very pink and has some sparkle.

Also Armani Lasting Silk powder foundation is great. I use the liquid but keep the powder foundation around also. I use it on days I just have to run out to do a couple things and I don't want to go makeup free yet not do eyes and all. I'll throw this on and a tiny bit of liner and out the door. That way I don't look totally undone. But I have used this for a full look and I really like it. I'm just so used to using liquid and setting powder all these years so thats whyI've stuck with it. I like the finish and having oily skin it keeps the oilies away.

Shimmery

I find it harder to fidn powder foundation than liquid because you can't get samples. And the whole swatching thing can be difficult to with powder as well. But, i would like to find a couple of shades in powders because it can be beautiful on the skin if done right.