Powder to set foundation that does not trun white/ chalky?

Kai322

I am NC 35 around summer and I need something to set my foundation during hot weather so it does not melt. I have tried MUFE MAt Velvet Loose in Transluctent, Laura Mericer Translucent, and Mac Pressed Blot in Medium, Mac Loose Pressed Powder in Medium Dark. They all turn my foundation white and chalky.

aziajs

Hmmm...what about MAC invisible set powder? You can get it at pro stores or through the 800 number.

Love Always Ivy

maybe you are using too much, or your brush is picking up too much powder? what brush are you using?
because right now im nc35 and use mac blot in medium dark and i have not run into this problem? i also use either fix+ or vitamin E face mist lightly after i apply foundation and before i use my setting powder.

Kai322

I have tried both puff and brush. I even tried using different brushes such as Mac 129, Lancome, etc. Still end up with the same problem. I tap and apply only once.

Kai322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
Have you tried T. Leclerc?

Do you apply powder with brush or puff?

No I have not used that. How good is it?

sleepyhead

i have the same problem, try wait a few minutes for the foundation to settle before applying powder. that might help. also try spraying some water on your face after powder

i like the loose powder by origins (i cannot remember what it is called, but origins carries 1 loose powder, and it only comes in 1 shade). i have not had any problem since i switched to it. it's the only talc-free powder i've tried, so i'm starting to think maybe it has something to do with the talc in other powders

Kai322

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
i have the same problem, try wait a few minutes for the foundation to settle before applying powder. that might help. also try spraying some water on your face after powder

i like the loose powder by origins (i cannot remember what it is called, but origins carries 1 loose powder, and it only comes in 1 shade). i have not had any problem since i switched to it. it's the only talc-free powder i've tried, so i'm starting to think maybe it has something to do with the talc in other powders

Is it called All and Nothing? Does help set the foundation and control shine?

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai322
Is it called All and Nothing? Does help set the foundation and control shine?

yah, that's the one. i have insanely oily skin, and this powder keeps the soft matte finish on my face for at least 4 hours (about the same as mac loose blot), so i'd say it works quite well.

Kai322

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
yah, that's the one. i have insanely oily skin, and this powder keeps the soft matte finish on my face for at least 4 hours (about the same as mac loose blot), so i'd say it works quite well.

Thank you I will definitely pick this up. Mac Loose powder works great at keeping away the shine and the make up staying in place, but it gives a super chalky/white finish. Hope it works.

Kai322

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Have you tried applying loose, transluscent powder with a 187 and buffing it?

yup same results

frocher

Have you tried loose powder in a darker color to counteract the problem (ie. nc 45 or nc 50)?

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Have you tried loose powder in a darker color to counteract the problem (ie. nc 45 or nc 50)?

Agreed. Not drastically dark, but just a little bit, buffed with the 187 so it gives you some decent coverage that's not too heavy.

Kai322

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Agreed. Not drastically dark, but just a little bit, buffed with the 187 so it gives you some decent coverage that's not too heavy.

Thats what I do. Sometimes I use mineral bronzer. I have purchased the Origin all or nothing talc free powder. I am going to try it with Mac 187 and see how it goes. I do not want extra coverage, just to set foundation. How do I buff it. Swirl it around in circles?

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai322
No I have not used that. How good is it?

I've heard many raves and I don't think it's so heavy in the talc, plus they have a lot of wearable shades.

Latest posts