Powerpoint question

pr1nces583

i got my first powerpoint pencil the other day (so there jade), i love it, but, i cant work out how to get to the rest of the product! do i sharpen it like a normal pencil?:confused:

bellaetoile

yup, just use a regular pencil sharpener. but be kind of careful and go slowly, because the tips break off easily if sharpening too fast.

Life In Return

I like MAC's pencil sharpener for these MUCH better than just 'any old' pencil sharpener
winks.gif

caffn8me

Yes, a normal pencil sharpener has the wrong angle for soft products. Use a proper cosmetics pencil sharpener or you'll end up wasting most of the pencil.

You can see the difference with the pencil below. I've used a regular pencil sharpener and a cosmetic pencil sharpener. The M·A·C sharpener also has a little point finisher that prevents the point of the pencil getting too thin which is why I wasn't able to get the pencil to as sharp a point as with the regular sharpener.

Raerae

I actually use the Fat MAC sharpener for my PowerPoints. It takes a little practice, but I can hold the pencil against the blade at an angle that just barely sharpens the tip.

I forgot to buy the smaller cosmetic sharpener, since I had been using self sharpening liners for a long time hehe.

KJam

Ditto on the sharpeners. Powepoints are a soft "leaded" pencil. A cheap sharpener (i.e. drugstore quality) will chew it up. Get a good one!

BlahWah

For those in Canada, I've been using the Quo sharpener (found at Shoppers) and have never had a problem with it affecting me Powerpoint. I think it's cheaper (probably is!), but at least if you have it, you don't have to go running to get the MAC one.